An Old School Catholic Message Board

The Creationist Museum

blacksheep

[quote name='Laudate_Dominum' timestamp='1339681853' post='2444599']
If they had a sign out front saying, "[i]welcome to a world of make believe[/i]," I might think it was great. I'm genuinely tempted to go there and get my picture taken on the triceratops.
[/quote]

Oh I would so do the same!

[quote name='blacksheep' timestamp='1339687142' post='2444623']
lol i have one athiest friend on facebook...he was poking fun at the link.
[/quote]

What he doing on that website? He trying to find answers? :hehe2:

I once was having a facebook conversation with a friend who had recently come back from there. He was telling me about how in Psalm 91 ([i]...shall trample the young lion and the dragon[/i]) really dealt with dinosaurs and how they were there at the same time as David and the Isrealites..

Me: :twitch:

[quote name='Lisa' timestamp='1339768572' post='2444985']
I once was having a facebook conversation with a friend who had recently come back from there. He was telling me about how in Psalm 91 ([i]...shall trample the young lion and the dragon[/i]) really dealt with dinosaurs and how they were there at the same time as David and the Isrealites..

[/quote] :crazy:

Laudate_Dominum

For penance I decided to watch a talk by the founder of that museum yesterday. He started with a very crude description of basic genetics, some hand-waving, and then carried on with his own bizarre version of population genetics based on the idea of change within "kinds." There's a reason why this croutons isn't going to appear in [i]Nature[/i] any time soon, and it isn't because of a Darwinist conspiracy. hehe.

Srsly, next time we drive through that area I'm taking a detour. I'm curious to see the titles in their book store.

Edited by Laudate_Dominum

[quote name='Laudate_Dominum' timestamp='1339770558' post='2444990']
For penance I decided to watch a talk by the founder of that museum yesterday. He started with a very crude description of basic genetics, some hand-waving, and then carried on with his own bizarre version of population genetics based on the idea of change within "kinds." There's a reason why this croutons isn't going to appear in [i]Nature[/i] any time soon, and it isn't because of a Darwinist conspiracy. hehe.

Srsly, next time we drive through that area I'm taking a detour. I'm curious to see the titles in their book store.
[/quote]

What I think really hurts about all this is that it gets media attention and automatically people think all christians or catholics think the same. It's just so stupid.

Where did you see the vid?

Edited by blacksheep

cmotherofpirl

[/quote] if its on youtube do a response video :)

cmotherofpirl

[/quote] if its on youtube do a response video :)

Rowan d'Alexandre

Wow. Half of me wants to laugh and the other half wants to go terrorize whoever's responsible for this... :pinch: And the sad part is that it's aimed straight for the kids.

Did anyone else find their slogan-thing funny? "PREPARE TO BELIEVE!"

Oh, such an inflated view of their own irrefutable logic. :hehe2:

Basilisa Marie

Aww, what a cute exercise in mental gymnastics. What lovely dioramas. We should get those kiddos some cookies for their hard work. And after that pop in some old Bill Nye videos for them to watch.

Laudate_Dominum

[quote name='blacksheep' timestamp='1339775136' post='2445014']
Where did you see the vid?
[/quote]
youtubes. cmom was right.

eagle_eye222001

[quote name='blacksheep' timestamp='1339676091' post='2444576']
... Their one price for two days charge also gives a hint that they aren't doing too well either.
[/quote]

Well, people will buy toilet paper before spending their money on extraneous activities. Interesting to see what happens to them though in the long run.......although the damage has already been dealt.

[quote name='Lisa' timestamp='1339768572' post='2444985']

[/quote]

:twitch:

[/quote]

[i]Why Carbon Dating is Unreliable - by Watt Dise Atum[/i]
[i]The Genius of Genesis - by R. Ale Little[/i]
[i]Dinosaurs and Dragons - by Lucy Fure[/i]
[i]Bill Nye Exposed - by Noah Knuthing[/i]
[i]Just Believe - by Fallacious Lugik[/i]
[i]The Grand Designer - by Steve Eagling[/i]
[i]The Evolution Delusion - by Pore Bawkins[/i]
[i]The Trail of Bones: How the Creation Story was Preserved - by Brook N. Kumpass[/i]

Laudate_Dominum

[quote name='eagle_eye222001' timestamp='1339799783' post='2445209']
[i]Why Carbon Dating is Unreliable - by Watt Dise Atum[/i]
[i]The Genius of Genesis - by R. Ale Little[/i]
[i]Dinosaurs and Dragons - by Lucy Fure[/i]
[i]Bill Nye Exposed - by Noah Knuthing[/i]
[i]Just Believe - by Fallacious Lugik[/i]
[i]The Grand Designer - by Steve Eagling[/i]
[i]The Evolution Delusion - by Pore Bawkins[/i]
[i]The Trail of Bones: How the Creation Story was Preserved - by Brook N. Kumpass[/i]
[/quote]
I would so buy those.