An Old School Catholic Message Board

The Creationist Museum

blacksheep

Oh dear lord what a horrible piece of garbage this is. Not only is this bad science...its bad bible interpretation. I'm sorry...but this thing must be burned down... Take a look...I got a good laugh at first..then a bad feeling in the stomach http://creationmuseum.org/

eagle_eye222001

While I didn't see the event "Why Carbon-Dating is false" listed, I'm sure it's an upcoming event....

I wouldn't get my hopes up for a future event to be "Why John 6 isn't literal but Genesis is."

I bet a group of atheists get together and troll one of the events....

On the positive side....it's refreshing to see a God-approach......on the negative side, if their approach is "Creationism or nothing," then they'll only fuel the fire of the false debate between Sola Creationism v. Sola Evolutionism.

I might have to start a museum called the Creatioevolutionist Museum.

Wow. I want to check it out because of some morbid curiosity, but I would just end up getting irritated.

[quote name='eagle_eye222001' timestamp='1339643505' post='2444490']
While I didn't see the event "Why Carbon-Dating is false" listed, I'm sure it's an upcoming event.... [/quote]
And it would go like this, "Carbon-dating is false because Mount St. Helens."

[quote name='eagle_eye222001' timestamp='1339643505' post='2444490']
I wouldn't get my hopes up for a future event to be "Why John 6 isn't literal but Genesis is."[/quote]
That's a really good point.. I'll have to use that. :P

"I might have to start a museum called the Creatioevolutionist Museum."

I would go to that museum. Their one price for two days charge also gives a hint that they aren't doing too well either.

[quote name='elizabeth09' timestamp='1339643788' post='2444492']
I might agree but you have some people who will protest about burning it
[/quote]

plus would probably just help them in their stance. point taken.

[quote name='Hubertus' timestamp='1339645311' post='2444500']
Wow. I want to check it out because of some morbid curiosity, but I would just end up getting irritated.

And it would go like this, "Carbon-dating is false because Mount St. Helens."

That's a really good point.. I'll have to use that. :P
[/quote]
Yea a part of me is kinda curious...but knowing me I would show little to no respect for the exhibits and probably laugh all the way through it...but then again I could find a better way of spending 30 bucks to make myself laugh.

Edited by blacksheep

[quote name='blacksheep' timestamp='1339642123' post='2444480']
Oh dear lord what a horrible piece of garbage this is. Not only is this bad science...its bad bible interpretation. I'm sorry...but this thing must be burned down... Take a look...I got a good laugh at first..then a bad feeling in the stomach [url="http://creationmuseum.org/"]http://creationmuseum.org/[/url]
[/quote]

How'd you even come across such a website?

[quote name='Laudate_Dominum' timestamp='1339680850' post='2444590']
Sick and degrading. These people give religion a bad name.
[/quote]

Yeah. I always thought Sola Scriptura, just meant for faith and theology. I did not know it meant science too. They take a lot of liberties placing T-Rex roaming around near Adam and Eve.

Laudate_Dominum

[quote name='Papist' timestamp='1339681668' post='2444598']
Yeah. I always thought Sola Scriptura, just meant for faith and theology. I did not know it meant science too. They take a lot of liberties placing T-Rex roaming around near Adam and Eve.
[/quote]
If they had a sign out front saying, "[i]welcome to a world of make believe[/i]," I might think it was great. I'm genuinely tempted to go there and get my picture taken on the triceratops.

[quote name='Laudate_Dominum' timestamp='1339681853' post='2444599']
If they had a sign out front saying, "[i]welcome to a world of make believe[/i]," I might think it was great. I'm genuinely tempted to go there and get my picture taken on the triceratops.
[/quote]

I was thinking the same. Would make for a good laugh. Sad though, b/c this is dangerous for children, they aren't able to process it properly as we can.

[quote name='blacksheep' timestamp='1339642123' post='2444480']
Oh dear lord what a horrible piece of garbage this is. Not only is this bad science...its bad bible interpretation. I'm sorry...but this thing must be burned down... Take a look...I got a good laugh at first..then a bad feeling in the stomach [url="http://creationmuseum.org/"]http://creationmuseum.org/[/url]
[/quote]
I think it's silly, but many of the supposedly reasonable people who believe Lucy is evidence of evolution also believe that when there is a recession, government should spend more money, and that breaking windows stimulates the economy. I can't get worked up over this relatively harmless thing.

[quote name='Papist' timestamp='1339681668' post='2444598']
How'd you even come across such a website?

[/quote]

lol i have one athiest friend on facebook...he was poking fun at the link.