An Old School Catholic Message Board

Which Singer Has Done The Most To Erode Morals?

DeeDee

Which singer has done the most to erode morals?  

117 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

[quote name='mulls' date='Aug 21 2003, 12:07 AM']to be fair, most 'gangsta' rappers were all products of their environment. the true ones, anyway (tupac, biggie, etc.)

they exploited their own lives to make a better life for themselves.

now, if you want to argue that once they 'made it' they should have changed their tune, i wouldn't disagree. it's not necessary to rap about having sex with b*tches and drinking 40's at a club once you've made it out of the hood. but that's what many rappers consider to be success.

the urban lifestyle has been a huuuge moneymaker for record labels, and it's hard for rappers not to make music about where and what they've come from, to what they are now (glamorous superstars) especially when it will make you a multi-millionaire.
[right][snapback]20615[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

couldnt agree more mulls !!

[quote name='StatingTheObvious' date='Sep 20 2005, 07:47 AM']Unlike rock and roll that has it's roots in jazz, blues, and gospel, RAP's roots are based on choosing to actively turn against societal values with violence and hedonism.  You can't make a zebra change his stripes.
[right][snapback]730874[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

ur hillarious bro...... :sweat:

u'll set there and defend rock n roll as being pure but will say that "ALL RAP " is from the devil..............if anything i would say its the other way around........at least alot of these rap artist acknowlege God....alot more then i can say for most of the rock i hear.....

God's Errand Girl

In today's American culture, Eminem has the broadest appeal regarding an audience. Brittney and Christina might influence a lack of clothing, but Eminem's message promotes rebellion against family and authority as well as apathy towards life.

[quote name='avemaria40' date='Sep 22 2005, 04:28 PM']Seven Sorrows is rock and they acknowledge God.
[right][snapback]734344[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

i agree
i didnt mean all rock
my bad...i didnt really explain myself very well
i was just saying that if i had to pick wut was worse i would choose rock......but thats stupid to even get into a debate about which is worse....rock or rap..............becuz all can be bad if not used right.....but no form of music is inheritenly evil just because.....thats wut i was getting at.....

[quote name='IcePrincessKRS' date='Aug 19 2003, 01:17 PM']Thats tough, true Madonna started it all, but she also didn't pretend to be a "good girl" like Brtiney did (at least not that I recall)... In a way I think pretending to be one thing while blatantly doing the opposite is worse than being bad to begin with.
[right][snapback]20203[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

I agree wholeheartedly.

[quote name='dUSt' date='Aug 19 2003, 06:13 PM']It all started with Elvis...
[right][snapback]20314[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

I'm sure they blamed "Big Band" back in the day. (Can't think of any Big Band names at the moment though)

[quote name='Ora et Labora' date='Sep 22 2005, 12:50 PM']oh, thats to bad. I only know one of his songs and all I know is that its popular....

american women, maybe?
[right][snapback]733909[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

I'm gonna be really stupid here because I know absolutely nothing about secular music. But isn't this Lenny Kravitz?

[quote name='God's Errand Girl' date='Sep 22 2005, 04:55 PM']In today's American culture, Eminem has the broadest appeal regarding an audience.  Brittney and Christina might influence a lack of clothing, but Eminem's message promotes rebellion against family and authority as well as apathy towards life.
[right][snapback]734387[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Well put, except, I think Brittney Spears and Christina are influenancing alot of women to dress and expose themselves more inapproaitately and raising all kinds of sexual issues.

[quote name='goldenchild17' date='Sep 24 2005, 04:20 AM']I'm gonna be really stupid here because I know absolutely nothing about secular music.  But isn't this Lenny Kravitz?
[right][snapback]736122[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

yeah, he sang that for the Austin Powers movie

[quote name='avemaria40' date='Sep 24 2005, 03:44 PM']yeah, he sang that for the Austin Powers movie
[right][snapback]736456[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

"American Woman" was originally recorded by The Guess Who, a Canadian band, in the early '70s. Lenny Kravitz covered it.

Edited by Socrates

[quote name='crusader1234' date='Sep 24 2005, 04:33 PM']Elvis is responsible for everything.  Sure, there have been people worse than him, but he started it.
[right][snapback]736495[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Responsible for what? Everything?? Elvis didn't invent rock'n'roll - he was simply the first huge star. He got his style from black blues musicians. Bill Haley and his Comets were really the first white rock'n'roll band.

The "rock'n'roll" style of blues began ca 1950 among black musicians. Elvis and the like basically desegregated the music and made it popular among white teenagers.