An Old School Catholic Message Board

Anarchism And Property Rights

KnightofChrist

What about Space Exploration under Anarchism? No doubt this would fall to corporations, no?

And would or could there exist checks placed corporations? Particularly large ones, I could easily foresee a corporation in the vacuum of non-existant states, becoming in effect states. Something like the fictional "New Detroit" in the Robocop movies just without the razzle dazzle biomechanical cybernetic superhero.

Edited by KnightofChrist

Winchester

[quote name='KnightofChrist' timestamp='1338520838' post='2439109']
What about Space Exploration under Anarchism? No doubt this would fall to corporations, no?

And would or could there exist checks placed corporations? Particularly large ones, I could easily foresee a corporation in the vacuum of non-existant states, becoming in effect states. Something like the fictional "New Detroit" in the Robocop movies just without the razzle dazzle biomechanical cybernetic superhero.
[/quote]
All our large corporations grew with help from the government. There's always a danger of people with power turning that power to bad use. The difference between an anarchist and a statist is that the anarchist calls it wrong even if the entity calls itself a government.

[quote name='Laudate_Dominum' timestamp='1338434980' post='2438407']
I seriously thought about writing Zerzan a letter after reading his anti-Star Trek essay on the toilet one day.
[/quote]

I looked him up on Google and found this collection of his writings on the Internet Archive:[size=4][url="http://www23.us.archive.org/details/JohnZerzan-RunningOnEmptiness"]John Zerzan - Running on Emptiness[/url][/size]

Would you recommend investing the time to read this, L_D?

Winchester

[quote name='Laudate_Dominum' timestamp='1338434980' post='2438407']
I seriously thought about writing Zerzan a letter after reading his anti-Star Trek essay on the toilet one day.
[/quote]
He wrote an essay on a toilet?

[quote name='Winchester' timestamp='1338551756' post='2439243']
He wrote an essay on a toilet?
[/quote]
it was a flushing success

Winchester

[quote name='KnightofChrist' timestamp='1338551555' post='2439240']
And what is statism?
[/quote]
KoC, trying to come up with something succinct. Not ignoring you. But I was flooping with you with that first answer.

Laudate_Dominum

[quote name='Innocent' timestamp='1338551647' post='2439242']
I looked him up on Google and found this collection of his writings on the Internet Archive:[url="http://www23.us.archive.org/details/JohnZerzan-RunningOnEmptiness"]John Zerzan - Running on Emptiness[/url]

Would you recommend investing the time to read this, L_D?
[/quote]
I would only recommend it if you enjoy reading unusual ideas. I like mixing things up a bit so that I don't fall into the habit of only reading things that reinforce my biases. Although I do share some of the values of anarcho-primitivism. The [i]Against Civilization[/i] anthology has some thought-provoking selections. There is something amusing and ironic about the literature that goes so far as to critique and condemn symbolic culture (e.g., language itself). Fun bathroom reading.

[quote name='Winchester' timestamp='1338551756' post='2439243']
He wrote an essay on a toilet?[/quote]
Zerzan had better take his cr@ps outside, even in public, like the great Diogenes or I'll consider him a poseur.

Edited by Laudate_Dominum

[quote name='Laudate_Dominum' timestamp='1338576205' post='2439490']
I would only recommend it if you enjoy reading unusual ideas. I like mixing things up a bit so that I don't fall into the habit of only reading things that reinforce my biases.
[/quote]

In the matter of reading about ideas, I consider myself a disciple of Mortimer Adler.

I shall bookmark this and read it when I have time.

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

Anarchy is the pentagram which used to be king solomons seal, it just means we need to understand each other and that we have all saught the truth at times in some strange kind of places,thoughts,actions etc. And that understanding is the birth of wisdom because through those mistakes if we are repentant we realise that only God himself holds the truth. That my take on it anyway. But the heart of the matter for a practising christian shouldn't be well maybe i will just try a quicky on the side and see what happens,because that would be assuming Gods mercy and testing him,but as we all are a work in progress this quicky can occur sometimes without our full consent in many different ways,we kind of flirt with the enemy/devil. I hope that helps. And even if 99 percent of what i have just said is wrong please keep the 1 percent that is true, I'm just being honest to the extent of my knowledge of the holy word,understanding and life experience,with a dash of prayer in faith hope and love.

Onward christian souls.
JESUS iz LORD.
God iz Good,God is Love,God saves.

JC "seek and you will find." "knock and the door will be opened." "be baptised and believe and you will be saved." "the two most important commandments are these, Love the Lord your God with all your mind,heart and soul,and love your neighbour as yourself."

St mary mackillop of the cross. "be eager in your desires but patient in there accomplishment."
St Tobit of the outcasts " the women whom is the holy chosen one." (ie:the holy mother mary.Stay close to her and you share in that choseness and closeness to our lord jesus.)
St Benedict. "Prefer nothing whatsoever to christ."