An Old School Catholic Message Board

Drone Strikes And The Obama Administration

kujo

From the article "Several were Americans". The Obama Administration has already used a drone to assassinate an American citizen who joined a terrorist organization in Yemen. He never fired against his fellow Americans, only spouted rhetoric about America's destruction that I hear from Left and Right organizations here in the United States. That we're discussing the possibility of using drone strikes to further assassinate American citizens abroad seems to be a slippery slope to me, given recent legislation allowing for their domestic use here at home. It's not that far a leap from "Let's kill this bad guy in Yemen" to "Let's kill this bad guy in America".

The media makes it sound like this is mostly the low level type of cheap drones domestically. [url="http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2073248/Local-cops-used-Predator-drone-arrest-North-Dakota-farm-family-stealing-6-cows.html"]However, last year in North Dakota, a predator drone was used in a cattle stealing case.[/url]

Edit: My apologies to any Canadian posters who click the link. The English language is apparently elusive to the Daily Mail in its native home, and your nation is referred to as "Can[b]i[/b]da".

Edited by BG45

Meh. The right would spin it to make O look bad even if the guy was shooting babies. The left are afraid they may be on the list too. I wonder what the dollar per death ratio is

[quote name='Socrates' timestamp='1338420454' post='2438191']
Robot assassins, the wave of the future!

[/quote]

[url="http://xkcd.com/652/"]XKCD[/url]

Thanks for providing a new POV, Kujo.

[url="http://www.thehindu.com/todays-paper/tp-international/article3478492.ece"]The same news[/url] was published here, but they made it look like a negative thing. However, to be fair to the paper, they also published [url="http://www.thehindu.com/news/international/article3373708.ece"]this[/url].

Edited by Innocent

rizz_loves_jesus

How about we get rid of both drones AND military invasions overseas? These drones are frickin terrifying.

[quote name='rizz_loves_jesus' timestamp='1338694927' post='2440122']
How about we get rid of both drones AND military invasions overseas? These drones are frickin terrifying.
[/quote]

Ok John Lennon...

PhuturePriest

[quote name='kujo' timestamp='1338699842' post='2440172']
Ok John Lennon...
[/quote]

Kujo, I demand you stop being so phishy so I may prop you. If you do not comply I will contact the government to send a drove over, so stop being phishy - [b]or else...[/b]

Edited by FuturePriest387

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1338700701' post='2440173']

Kujo, I demand you stop being so phishy so I may prop you. If you do not comply I will contact the government to send a drove over, so stop being phishy - [b]or else...[/b]
[/quote]

I yam who I yam, bud. Your pretend props are sufficient.

PhuturePriest

[quote name='kujo' timestamp='1338702504' post='2440178']
I yam who I yam, bud. Your pretend props are sufficient.
[/quote]

Very well... But you will be closely monitored!

Kujo i hope you are keeping tally of all your pretend props in a small leather bound notebook that you keep close to your heart at all times.

[quote name='Jesus_lol' timestamp='1338707169' post='2440193']
Kujo i hope you are keeping tally of all your pretend props in a small leather bound notebook that you keep close to your heart at all times.
[/quote]

On a day like today, I wish I was

fides' Jack

[quote name='Jesus_lol' timestamp='1338707169' post='2440193']
[/quote]

So that if someone tried to stab him, the blade would hit the notebook, instead?

I hope you don't get stabbed, kujo...

PhuturePriest

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1338700701' post='2440173']
[/quote]

... Utter grammatical failure. I meant to say "I will contact the government to send a [b]drone[/b] over". Hopefully Kujo knew what I meant.

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1338931606' post='2441406']
... Utter grammatical failure. I meant to say "I will contact the government to send a [b]drone[/b] over". Hopefully Kujo knew what I meant.
[/quote]

I a[color=#282828]m fluent in "[/color]du[color=#282828]mb 15 year old."[/color]

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

[quote name='Tab'le Du'Bah-Rye' timestamp='1338475118' post='2438659']
have any of these nations even asked for help ?
I assume south vietnam did when they where invaded.
[/quote]

invaded by the communists

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

[quote name='MIkolbe' timestamp='1338474516' post='2438656']
Feel safer....or be an enemy of the state.
[/quote]

thats so nationalist, personally i'm a patriot :) i agree al queda needed to be swatted like a fly as a patriot act because they blew up the towers, but the rest of it i'm unusre.

Edited by Tab'le Du'Bah-Rye