An Old School Catholic Message Board

Why Can't A Catholic Be A Free Mason?

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

Pax domini bretheren,sympathiesers and others...
I have read a book called "why can't a catholic be a free mason." it has all the vatican stamps. I will give one reason that the book says "because multiple popes have spoken on this as a matter of faith and morals."(words to that effect, i'm interested to see how many other people know why this is still the one of the vaticans number 1 priorities for catholics to understand. And if you like get the book and find out,it is a simple 60 page approx 1-2 hour read written by an ex-masonic lodge leader.

princessgianna

I would highly suggest that you read John Salza's book "Masonary unMasked" (I believe its by the same author of the book you read).
Salza studies the lodges' rituals, "masonic" bible and historic knowledge. He evalulates these authorities in light of Sacred Scripture, the Church Fathers, the Catechism, papal decrees and canon law. Also Salza looks at the conspiracy nature of the group.

The main problematic theme with masons is the very nature of their group. For example there are the oaths and phrases that deny the Christian God as the true God. The book however give clear evidence of this occuring with clear explanation to why Catholics CANNOT partake.

Hope this helps.

~Pg

ThePenciledOne

Anybody read this book? Thinking about getting it.

[url="http://www.amazon.com/The-Brotherhood-Explosive-Expose-Freemasons/dp/0586059830/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_nC?ie=UTF8&coliid=I3GKM9UN0FMB7E&colid=3EC8Q13M0O1AW"]http://www.amazon.com/The-Brotherhood-Explosive-Expose-Freemasons/dp/0586059830/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_nC?ie=UTF8&coliid=I3GKM9UN0FMB7E&colid=3EC8Q13M0O1AW[/url]

Didn't meant to have such a long link....oh well haha

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Alyosha

Freemasonry is committed to the advancement of secular humanism, an ideology which is incompatible with Catholicism, and therefore one cannot support this ideology tacitly or explicitly and be a Catholic in good standing. Throughout history the Freemasons have often advanced their ideological agenda at the expense of the Church, in order to topple the Christian social order of 'old' Europe, seperate the Catholic Church from state affairs, and ristrict or persecute the Church in various ways.

Basilisa Marie

In the past it seems that Masonry supports Deism and that one religion is no better than another. But for what it's worth, Free Masons in Europe have historically been pretty anti-Catholic.

I had a great uncle who was a 33rd Degree Freemason, which is apparently the highest you can go in that organization. This is allegedly their rite to initiate 33rd degree members.

[url="http://www.conspiracyarchive.com/NWO/33rd_Initiation.htm"]http://www.conspirac..._Initiation.htm[/url]

Edited by r2Dtoo

• 2 weeks later...
PilgrimageOfGrace

Masonry has all the elements of a religion:

- A competitive concept of God (as a type of Deist "great architect of the universe" which is a composition of all religious believes - as they accept all religious creeds as equally valid)

- A competitive religious community (Masons strongly divide people into Masons and Profanes/non-masons - regardless their creed or religion).

- A competitive set of rituals, aimed at fully awaking you to the truth (or some other peculiarity) - very reminiscent of pagan rituals from ancient Egypt, Babylon and Persia.

These are just a few small examples I can name off the top of my head now.

My advise: Stay clear of this stuff, it's bad news.

Edited by PilgrimageOfGrace