An Old School Catholic Message Board

Eduardo Saverin Renounces Citizenship

Winchester

Winchester

[url="http://www.tomwoods.com/blog/saverin-should-be-grateful-say-nationalists/"]http://www.tomwoods....y-nationalists/[/url]

Tom calls them nationalists. I feels razzle dazzle.

Edited by Winchester

dairygirl4u2c

i don't see anything wrong with the senators being angry about it. if he truly was trying to make a 100 mill or whatever and then scat to avoid taxes.... that's taking advantrage of our society. what is made here is meant to be taxed here.
i mean, it is a free world for them to leave, by default, and arguably not pay the taxes.... but it could legitimately be seen as taking advantage of the country when trying to circumvent it all.

we can't cater to the lowest common denominator. that causes "race to the bottom". we have to lower our taxes, and regulations, just to keep people and businesses here.
[url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Race_to_the_bottom"]http://en.wikipedia....e_to_the_bottom[/url]
but this point is really a red hearing, this "race to the bottom" debate.
in essence, this is very simple.... we have people who want to get money here that is meant to be taxed here, and then leave. this doesn't even get into the "race to the bottom" debate.
just like giving people food stamps, or a minimum wage, conservatives argue against saying the businesses suffer too much that the world is going to cave.;.... this issue is very simple, people don't have food, or much money, so we make sure they do.
leave it to brain washed conservative to take a simple issue and try to make it something about how everyone is better off if we only enrich businesses and the rich more, to take the simple issue and muddy the waters. (with what is essentially nonsense propaganda that they've been fed)

if your bottomline isn't so much the "cater business" thing, and more about liberty, then more power to your view. but i say what's meant to be taxed here should be.

Edited by dairygirl4u2c

For a Brazilian taking US citizenship in the first place is crossing over to the side of the enemy anyway. Good on him for renouncing it. :P

(being Brazilian myself I am completely biased)

[quote name='Winchester' timestamp='1337297468' post='2431957']
[url="http://www.tomwoods.com/blog/saverin-should-be-grateful-say-nationalists/"]http://www.tomwoods....y-nationalists/[/url]

Tom calls them nationalists. I feels razzle dazzle.
[/quote]
he's your pope, yes?

PhuturePriest

[quote name='Winchester' timestamp='1337275589' post='2431718']
Fascists croutons themselves. Two senators want to pass a bill in order to exact revenge on those exercising their rights. These two men are clearly nationalist maniacs. Schumer and Casey, Benito-riffic.

More power to him. I hope he enjoys the additional property which is not stolen from him by the scumbags ruining the US.
[/quote]

:shock: Did you actually make several [i]serious [/i]posts?! I have never seen this happen before! Take pictures, everyone, this is like witnessing the Ark of the Covenant!

Archaeology cat

There have been more US expats renouncing citizenship because the US is one of the few countries tht taxes you whether ou live & work in the US or not, though you can get. Foreign income exemption for a fairly good amount (I can't remember he exact figure)

Lilllabettt

Stupid move, Saverin. I guess being super wealthy gives you this dementia where you prefer pretty colored paper to stuff with actual worth.

my highest value assets:
1. Baptism
2. Siblings
3. American citizenship.
all of them free. Thanks, Mom and Dad.

Norseman82

This reminds me of the episode of Star Trek:TNG where Picard is ordered to relocate the American Indians from a planet that fell within Cardassian space after a treaty. They reisted because they called it their home, so they basically agreed to be ruled by the Cardassians. At the end, though, Picard warned them that by doing so, they gave up their rights as Federation citizens and the Federation would not come to their aid if they called for help.

[quote name='Lilllabettt' timestamp='1337429049' post='2432596']
Stupid move, Saverin. I guess being super wealthy gives you this dementia where you prefer pretty colored paper to stuff with actual worth.
[/quote]

He's not born American though, he's natively Brazilian. He no longer lives in the US and if he doesn't plan to return then why hold on to it? Especially if as Archeology cat says you're still taxed whether you're resident or not.

[color=#ff0000]my only assets:[/color]
1. Baptism
2. Siblings
3. American citizenship.
[/quote]

Fixed. Everything else been stolen already.

[quote name='dairygirl4u2c' timestamp='1337298538' post='2431965']
i don't see anything wrong with the senators being angry about it. if he truly was trying to make a 100 mill or whatever and then scat to avoid taxes.... that's taking advantrage of our society. what is made here is meant to be taxed here.
i mean, it is a free world for them to leave, by default, and arguably not pay the taxes.... but it could legitimately be seen as taking advantage of the country when trying to circumvent it all.
[/quote]

Wait a minute: how is it that society's right to my property is the same as the government's right to my property? I think you may be conflating terms here.

It is definitely arguable that the poor have a legitimate claim upon the resources of the rich. But we're not talking about robbing the rich to give to the poor here. We're talking about taxes. Tax money isn't about taking from the rich to give to the poor. It's about taking from the rich to give to the even richer.

Also, if it was only a hundred million dollars, that's peanuts. The Fed can just print a few billion here or there on the side any day they want to, and it's magically OK because they're spending it all to fuel the economy.

Winchester

[quote name='Norseman82' timestamp='1337445634' post='2432643']
This reminds me of the episode of Star Trek:TNG where Picard is ordered to relocate the American Indians from a planet that fell within Cardassian space after a treaty. They reisted because they called it their home, so they basically agreed to be ruled by the Cardassians. At the end, though, Picard warned them that by doing so, they gave up their rights as Federation citizens and the Federation would not come to their aid if they called for help.
[/quote]
Did Picard also threaten to take extra stuff from them as a penalty? Because that's what these senators propose.

my highest value assets:
1. Baptism
2. Siblings
3. American citizenship.
[/quote]
I should think you ability to read hearts and minds would be up there, too.

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1337376455' post='2432365'] :shock: Did you actually make several [i]serious [/i]posts?! I have never seen this happen before! Take pictures, everyone, this is like witnessing the Ark of the Covenant![/quote]
no it's not.

probably after being at phatmass since its inception, Winnie got tired of making the same "i is srs" arguments over and over and over again. especially to snot-nosed trolls who don't give a rat's arse about the arguments anyway.

Edited by Lil Red

PhuturePriest

[quote name='Lil Red' timestamp='1337452086' post='2432666']
no it's not.

probably after being at phatmass since its inception, Winnie got tired of making the same "i is srs" arguments over and over and over again. especially to snot-nosed trolls who don't give a rat's arse about the arguments anyway.
[/quote]

I was simply absolutely amazed he posted something that wasn't a sarcastic remark. In my few months of being here I've never seen him do anything else.