An Old School Catholic Message Board

Eduardo Saverin Renounces Citizenship

Winchester

Winchester

Fascists croutons themselves. Two senators want to pass a bill in order to exact revenge on those exercising their rights. These two men are clearly nationalist maniacs. Schumer and Casey, Benito-riffic.

More power to him. I hope he enjoys the additional property which is not stolen from him by the scumbags ruining the US.

Vincent Vega

Hey winnie, might want to change your password. Looks like Table has gotten into your account.

[quote name='Winchester' timestamp='1337275589' post='2431718']
Fascists croutons themselves. Two senators want to pass a bill in order to exact revenge on those exercising their rights. These two men are clearly nationalist maniacs. Schumer and Casey, Benito-riffic.

More power to him. I hope he enjoys the additional property which is not stolen from him by the scumbags ruining the US.
[/quote]

You don't have to live in the US. You can actually leave the United States any time you want. I'm about to leave it in a month and so far no jackbooted thugs have broken down my door and threatened me. If you don't like living under the awful, awful authoritarian regime. If you don't like living under our awful, fascistic constitution. If you don't like suffering the indignity of having to pay taxes to the awful regime that persecutes you day and night, then leave. It's pretty easy to do. The US is one of those rare awful, fascist states that makes it pretty easy to flee.

Edited by Hasan

Winchester

[quote name='Hasan' timestamp='1337281104' post='2431783']
You don't have to live in the US. You can actually leave the United States any time you want. I'm about to leave it in a month and so far no jackbooted thugs have broken down my door and threatened me. If you don't like living under the awful, awful authoritarian regime. If you don't like living under our awful, fascistic constitution. If you don't like suffering the indignity of having to pay taxes to the awful regime that persecutes you day and night, then leave. It's pretty easy to do. The US is one of those rare awful, fascist states that makes it pretty easy to flee.
[/quote]
Sorry I insulted your religion.

That I judge it more profitable to remain here has nothing to do with whether it is proper for these senators to seek revenge on those who wish to renounce their citizenship. You're a nationalist, so you don't find such actions repellent. I find it amusing that you adopt the typical "right-wing" love or leave it the essence of cow, though.

Are you renouncing your citizenship?

Edited by Winchester

Winchester

[quote name='USAirwaysIHS' timestamp='1337277899' post='2431742']
Hey winnie, might want to change your password. Looks like Table has gotten into your account.
[/quote]
I thought about putting up links to relevant articles.

For those wondering, Eduardo Saverin renounced his US citizenship so that he can make mega money on his shares of the Facebook IPO and Senators Schumer and Casey apparently have a problem with this. He's been living in Singapore for years. /just saw it on the news

Yeah, but the guy was born in Brazil, spent 10 years here, and doesn't even live here anymores.....

What those two senators want to do is atrocious. or however you spell that word.

Winchester

[quote name='BG45' timestamp='1337285536' post='2431803']
For those wondering, Eduardo Saverin (I'm speculating) renounced his US citizenship so that he can [s]make mega money on his shares of the Facebook IPO[/s] keep more of his property and Senators Schumer and Casey apparently have a problem with this. He's been living in Singapore for years. /just saw it on the news
[/quote]
fxd

Edited by Winchester

Winchester

http://www.dollarvigilante.com/blog/2012/5/17/charles-schumer-tells-americans-they-cant-leave-so-easily.html

[quote]Even that old refrain from brainwashed patriots that, "If you don't like it you can leave," would no longer be sufficient. It would have to be amended to, "If you don't like it, we will rob you and you can never be allowed to return here under threat of violence." Not quite as snappy of a comeback.[/quote]

While I don't agree with the all-out anarchism Winnie's taken to lately, he has legitimate points here.

The more government taxes, regulates, and otherwise punishes business profit, the more businessmen will move operations, or even their business itself overseas to places where they are not so punished.

This will result in fewer and fewer jobs and opportunities over here, resulting in more unemployment and poverty, while the bleeding heart left continues to cry for more government regulation and punishment of "the rich" as the solution to our economic woes. Class warfare appeals to our envy, but does absolutely nothing to improve anyone's condition.

Edited by Socrates

[quote name='Winchester' timestamp='1337282404' post='2431789']
Sorry I insulted your religion.[/QUOTE]

That's ok.

[QUOTE] That I judge it more profitable to remain here has nothing to do with whether it is proper for these senators to seek revenge on those who wish to renounce their citizenship. You're a nationalist, so you don't find such actions repellent. I find it amusing that you adopt the typical "right-wing" love or leave it the essence of cow, though.[/QUOTE]

It's not love it or leave it. I'm not complaining that you don't love America. I'm saying that it makes sense to constantly rage against the fundamental illegitimacy of the government and the inherently oppressive nature of the state when nobody is forcing you to live here. Your family came here. They decided to come here and accept the legitimacy of the government. If you have decided that you do not wish to abide by their decision you can leave. I just don't understand the apparent dissonance.

[QUOTE]Are you renouncing your citizenship?
[/quote]

No. But if I ever choose to my passport very helpfully has the procedure for doing so written on the back flap.

Winchester

[quote name='Hasan' timestamp='1337294921' post='2431925']
It's not love it or leave it. I'm not complaining that you don't love America. I'm saying that it makes sense to constantly rage against the fundamental illegitimacy of the government and the inherently oppressive nature of the state when nobody is forcing you to live here. Your family came here. They decided to come here and accept the legitimacy of the government. If you have decided that you do not wish to abide by their decision you can leave. I just don't understand the apparent dissonance.

[/quote]
In other words, love it or leave it.

This thread is about abuse of power. You're upset that I don't accept the status quo. However, this is about a specific abuse of power.

Since we are a Republic, I have every right to fight to return us, at the very least, to the Constitution. Yes, I'd like to go further.

You're upset that I'm arguing abuse of power, but you cry about expanding marriage rights. If you think meek submission to the government is a virtue, then feel free to indulge.

[quote name='Winchester' timestamp='1337295858' post='2431935']
In other words, love it or leave it.

This thread is about abuse of power. You're upset that I don't accept the status quo. However, this is about a specific abuse of power.[/QUOTE]

I didn't address this specific case. I know nothing about it and have no opinion. I was addressing your general rejection of the legitimacy of the state. Prompted by your equating taxation with theft.

[QUOTE] Since we are a Republic, I have every right to fight to return us, at the very least, to the Constitution. Yes, I'd like to go further.[/QUOTE]

I don't see why that's any better. The constitution at it's heart confers illegitimate powers on a portion of the population to inflict theft and violence upon their fellow citizens. Unless I have misunderstood your views.

[QUOTE]You're upset that I'm arguing abuse of power, but you cry about expanding marriage rights. If you think meek submission to the government is a virtue, then feel free to indulge.
[/quote]

I'm not upset about arguing against the abuse of power. As far as I understand your views this isn't an abuse of power because that implies that the power of the Senate to pass tax laws has a legitimacy to it which can be abused.

Winchester

[quote name='Hasan' timestamp='1337296376' post='2431944']
I didn't address this specific case. I know nothing about it and have no opinion. I was addressing your general rejection of the legitimacy of the state. Prompted by your equating taxation with theft.
[/quote]
I was more succinct.

[quote]I don't see why that's any better. The constitution at it's heart confers illegitimate powers on a portion of the population to inflict theft and violence upon their fellow citizens. Unless I have misunderstood your views. [/quote]
Less is better than what we have, and as I've said before, it's possible that the evil of government is necessary. The problem is when people seek to claim it is therefore good.

[quote]I'm not upset about arguing against the abuse of power. As far as I understand your views this isn't an abuse of power because that implies that the power of the Senate to pass tax laws has a legitimacy to it which can be abused.
[/quote]
The Senate was granted a certain amount of power. Even if that measure was illegitimately granted (and I am not saying it was), increasing that power, or using the power granted to violate more property rights, is worse. This is worse than if they would just let people leave with their property. Even if this were the law, I would fight against it because it is wrong.