An Old School Catholic Message Board

Steubie Fights Back

add

thessalonian

[quote name='Maggie' timestamp='1337218071' post='2431522']
I note that they only dropped the student health insurance... not the insurance the faculty and administrators have. I wonder why.
[/quote]

My guess is it is a matter of timing. Students are signing up for fall school next fall now. Likely has something to do with timelines for putting plans together and signing up for insurance. I highly doubt stubenville will go along with the mandate for faculty and staff.

Edited by thessalonian

Groo the Wanderer

heard em on the radio the other day. they will not comply on the faculty and staff plans either. keeping those because they are not going up so much. student plan was to double in 1 yr and triple in 2. didn;t make sense to keep it

[quote name='Groo the Wanderer' timestamp='1337335769' post='2432146']
that is inaccurate. you would have had no health insurance.

c'mon peeps. let's not be sloppy like journalists and politicians. health care and health insurance are two entirely different things.

anyone without health insurance can get free critical care (and a whole lotta non-critical) by walking into any ER or public clinic. I've seen it personally at both JPS and Parkland
[/quote]

Ok ... no health insurance. That's true. Which means, no health care. Well, unless a simple infection became so severe that then I'd walk into an ER.

And then at that point I'd be a poor college student owing an additional thousands of dollars due to a hospital stay that could have been avoided with proper care.

And thanks Groo for calling what I said sloppy ... all I know is that as a poor college student I really needed the insurance.

[quote name='Anomaly' timestamp='1337529643' post='2432955']
If its a matter of family finances, maybe it should be a cheaper local college, live with parents, and purchase insurance from parents employer.
[/quote]

Or, no college.

Groo the Wanderer

no offense meant, but words have meaning. we cannot sloppily toss out the idea that we have no health care. we all have health care of some sort. health care does not equal health insurance.

...and one does not need health insurance to receive health care at most clinics. many are cash only and don;t file insurance due to the cost and overhead. no insurance to mess with means lower medical costs, so they tend to charge less.

dairygirl4u2c

[img]http://plinkplunk.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/explanation-motivational-poster.jpg[/img]

[quote name='Groo the Wanderer' timestamp='1337872169' post='2434394']
no offense meant, but words have meaning. we cannot sloppily toss out the idea that we have no health care. we all have health care of some sort. health care does not equal health insurance.

...and one does not need health insurance to receive health care at most clinics. many are cash only and don;t file insurance due to the cost and overhead. no insurance to mess with means lower medical costs, so they tend to charge less.
[/quote]
Let's  not forget who's at fault here, Obamacare has imposed a immoral edict on a Catholic institution and is attempting to socially engineer our lives and our religion.  
As a father and head of the household I pay for health insurance through a family plan.  my children are covered in college with this plan, as it should be.  

Chrysophylax

[quote name='Maggie' timestamp='1337218071' post='2431522']
I note that they only dropped the student health insurance... not the insurance the faculty and administrators have. I wonder why.
[/quote]
Correct me if I am wrong, please, but my understanding of this is that the insurance plan that the faculty and administrators are on currently does not provide for contraceptives and this is why they are still using it. I'm not 100 % positive, but I think that is what I heard.

If your right eye causes you to sin, tear it out and throw it away.s It is better for you to lose one of your members than to have your whole body thrown into Gehenna.

And if your right hand causes you to sin, cut it off and throw it away. It is better for you to lose one of your members than to have your whole body go into Gehenna.

Paying for health insurance to provide the morning after pill is like that

ThePenciledOne

[quote name='add' timestamp='1339028670' post='2441989']
If your right eye causes you to sin, tear it out and throw it away.s It is better for you to lose one of your members than to have your whole body thrown into Gehenna.

And if your right hand causes you to sin, cut it off and throw it away. It is better for you to lose one of your members than to have your whole body go into Gehenna.

Paying for health insurance to provide the morning after pill is like that
[/quote]

hmmmmmmmmmmmmm somehow I don't think so.

[quote name='ThePenciledOne' timestamp='1339037463' post='2442050']

hmmmmmmmmmmmmm somehow I don't think so.
[/quote]

HHS Mandate forces those who are pro-life to go against their personal moral convictions isn't this unconscionable and corruptive for a catholic?

Edited by add

ThePenciledOne

Is it causing us to go out and recieve birth control or force us to use it? Is it causing us to have abortions. I believe a sin is an action done with knowning full well the consequences.

Simply having a lot of alcohol in the cabinet is not a sin. Drinking all of it to fall into a stupor/drunkness is.

[quote name='ThePenciledOne' timestamp='1339127972' post='2442425']
Is it causing us to go out and recieve birth control or force us to use it? Is it causing us to have abortions. I believe a sin is an action done with knowning full well the consequences.

Simply having a lot of alcohol in the cabinet is not a sin. Drinking all of it to fall into a stupor/drunkness is.
[/quote]
Somehow comparing wanton drunkenness to a federal law requiring that religious institutions finance abortions and birth control in violation there religions core principles is a little unrealistic

Edited by add