An Old School Catholic Message Board

Nullification

Winchester

I, of course, support nullification, and the states are starting to use it.

http://blog.tenthamendmentcenter.com/2012/04/missouri-house-votes-to-nullify-obamacare-in-its-entirety/

More than one state has passed a law against the ATF enforcing its whimsical laws against firearms made within the state in question. At least one state has put teeth in their law: ATF agents who violate the law will be arrested.

Any centralists in opposition to the States exercising their right to nullify?

While in theory this point of view might be legitimate, practically it's never meant much. The country (however you define country) has decided and continues to operate as though federal laws cannot simply be nullified. One of my political heroes, Ken Cuccinelli, has a lead in a lawsuit against the Health Care law for this very reason.

I don't think you're going to get much of an argument from anyone here.

Im more familiar with the smaller, jury nullification on a per case basis, which should be much more common. how would you describe what you are referring to, winny?

[quote name='Jesus_lol' timestamp='1334962541' post='2421456']
Im more familiar with the smaller, jury nullification on a per case basis, which should be much more common. how would you describe what you are referring to, winny?
[/quote]
When the state government decides to nullify Federal laws that violate the Constitution by passing legislation that counters it. I think that's the short definition.

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

The australian government is edging that way too in that it has added some pretty big laws without what we call a referendum,any adding or subtracting from the constitution requires a referendum where the people vote. And the law is only passed with double jeopardy which means you need over all nation wide numbers plus more than half the states voting yes. This system is fantastic or was fantastic.