An Old School Catholic Message Board

Can Sin Ever Be Holy?

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

[quote name='Mark of the Cross' timestamp='1336693793' post='2429584']
oops I thought it was a sin! What I was going to ask next was if the same person had been hit by the train trying to save someone. Then it would have been considered a Holy act. [i]No greater love....[/i] So we see here and with Schindler that for the same actions with differing motives we have a differing view of it being a sin. In other words the persons motive is what deems something sinful or not, not the action itself. The conclusion is that sin is never Holy. But actions that are often sins can be Holy and not a sin.
[/quote]

I just found out from another phatmasser that the catechism says that it's stance on suicide is kind of depending of the state of mind of the person, and that grave fear can drive people to suicide,like fear of hardship was the example. I don't remember everything the member said that it says but i got the drift that a victim of suicide is not always fully accountable for there action. I can't list the parameters but it's in the catechism. I felt that already, but stopped praying for two people i knew in the past whom commited suicide, not based on damnation but based on i don't know, so know i can pray for them again, wooohoo Jesus is LORD but i'd also like to post this that was posted to me from another phatmasser which is a nice line from a saint about the nature of God.
".... who is it that will be able to take you out of my hands? Even if you were in the vestibule of Hell, and if there remained outside but a single hair of your head, that would be sufficient enough for me to drag you from the claws of the devil and transport you to Heaven."Saint Joseph Cafasso

Onward christian souls.
Jesus is LORD
God is good,God is love,God saves