An Old School Catholic Message Board

Can Sin Ever Be Holy?

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

[quote name='Mark of the Cross' timestamp='1336344749' post='2427782']
Pretty sure Schlindler [b]lied[/b] to save Jews at the risk of his own life.
[/quote]

Possibly lying to save anothers life is the same as if your defending anothers life and the attacker gets killed, than the murder would be downgraded to manslaughter.

fides' Jack

[quote name='Mark of the Cross' timestamp='1336344749' post='2427782']
Pretty sure Schlindler [b]lied[/b] to save Jews at the risk of his own life.
[/quote]

What does that have to do with smoking?

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

[quote name='fides' Jack' timestamp='1336412063' post='2428131']
[/quote]

What does smoking have to do with sin ? Also t.v. is all glamourised lies, not even a moral fairytale three quaters of the time, at least a moral fairytale scrapes into the kingdom.Do you watch t.v. fides? I hate lies, lies decieve, assumptions are different though. Schindler may have been well in his rights to lie to save the odd jews life, but only because they where being slaughtered,killed,murdered,desceased , he was choosing a lesser evil to stop a greater evil which i here from your ewtn one can do in choosing a political party, and the lesser evil in the circumstance actually isn't evil but outside the paticular circumstance it is evil, does this also work in general or only politics?

Edited by Tab'le Du'Bah-Rye

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

[quote name='MIkolbe' timestamp='1336423261' post='2428210']
you should think about making a blog.
[/quote]

I wouldn't have a clue how to. And are you going to pay for my best friends wedding :) the fat joke was at your expense, he iz a bbq kinda gent so a marqui,dj and finger food will be fine,and the wedding can be done in the church he and his girlfriend are catholic, for only like $1000 ,and the DJ can be a simple duke box thats cheaper. :)

Mark of the Cross

[quote name='fides' Jack' timestamp='1336412063' post='2428131']
[/quote]
:mafia: Dunno! I give up, what does it have to do with smoking?

:popcorn2:

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

[quote name='Tab'le Du'Bah-Rye' timestamp='1336423718' post='2428215']
I wouldn't have a clue how to. And are you going to pay for my best friends wedding :) the fat joke was at your expense, he iz a bbq kinda gent so a marqui,dj and finger food will be fine,and the wedding can be done in the church he and his girlfriend are catholic, for only like $1000 ,and the DJ can be a simple duke box thats cheaper. :)
[/quote]

The marriage in the church iz like 1000 deez and the wedding as a whole no more 5000 deez

Ed Normile

[quote name='Groo the Wanderer' timestamp='1334685808' post='2419551']
Three slices of pizza AFTER the button on your jeans pops off...

and there is a diff between being proud and being prideful
[/quote]

So, if I were to stop at two slices after the button pops...

ed

[quote name='Tab'le Du'Bah-Rye' timestamp='1336423718' post='2428215']
[/quote]
huh

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

[quote name='MIkolbe' timestamp='1336477491' post='2428561']
huh
[/quote]

you said in another thread something along the line of make a fat joke at your expense, and i resoponded "no matter how many times you roll over you still can't find the otherside." something along those lines anyhow, so i said you can now pay for my best friends wedding coz you said at your expense and thats how much that fat joke costs. :) lol

edit: p.s. i also saw you(or it woz your avatar look alike) this evening @ my local mall you had, i assume your son with you,do you have a son around 7-10 years old ?, we got some connection bro. No need to be concerned i am like the secret squirell of the possum,sugar glider,bilby,racoon type family (only for friends though) :)

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

also maccabees, did you check the song i sugested yet? faith child - unstoppable

Mark of the Cross

If a person doesn't like their life and seeing a train coming jumps in front of it and gets killed. Is that a sin?

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

If a person doesn't like there life and seeing a train coming jumps in front of it and gets killed. Is that a sin?

As far as i'm aware the church has no official stance on suicide,well not to my knowledge anyway.
And my stance is it's something beyond my understanding and will advise this psalm 131:1 and haters gonna hate isaiah 40:28.

Mark of the Cross

[quote name='Tab'le Du'Bah-Rye' timestamp='1336634243' post='2429372']

As far as i'm aware the church has no official stance on suicide,well not to my knowledge anyway.
And my stance is it's something beyond my understanding and will advise this psalm 131:1 and haters gonna hate isaiah 40:28.
[/quote]
oops I thought it was a sin! What I was going to ask next was if the same person had been hit by the train trying to save someone. Then it would have been considered a Holy act. [i]No greater love....[/i] So we see here and with Schindler that for the same actions with differing motives we have a differing view of it being a sin. In other words the persons motive is what deems something sinful or not, not the action itself. The conclusion is that sin is never Holy. But actions that are often sins can be Holy and not a sin.