An Old School Catholic Message Board

Homosexual Or Opposite Gender Housemates

Autumn Dusk

[quote name='cmotherofpirl' timestamp='1335279855' post='2422708']
Thank you Father.
This is why I said divorce is not a sin: [color=#282828]2386 It can happen that one of the spouses is the innocent victim of a divorce decreed by civil law; this spouse therefore has not contravened the moral law. There is a considerable difference between a spouse who has sincerely tried to be faithful to the sacrament of marriage and is unjustly abandoned, and one who through his own grave fault destroys a canonically valid marriage. [/color]
[/quote]
This sin is the quality of life that is lost by both partners. Unfortunately both partners of the marital relationship suffer. Even when one party is innocent, offsprings, in-laws, Family, all have their quality of life diminished.
That is the sin, that is the shame,

Autumn Dusk

[quote name='cmotherofpirl' timestamp='1335382067' post='2423284']

This is the debate board. Feel free to disagree with someone's points. But when people come here and call names it is usually assumed they are incapable of producing an actual discussion. Please don't put yourself in that category. We have had atheists, wiccans, eveangelicals, muslims, hard-core whatevers, and while we can vehemently disagree AND uphold magisterial teaching, we try to show some basic manners. Kindly try it. Thank you.
[/quote]

Not only that...there is ligitimate variety in Catholic beliefs. Calling someone a heretic is very serious business. For instance Lifeteen reformed as per vatican issue. It is now in good standing. However many people still launch attacks and belittle the ministry. There are many issues in the church that have not been seen through and until that time the people are allowed discourse on many matters.

cmotherofpirl

[quote name='add' timestamp='1335696599' post='2424711']
This sin is the quality of life that is lost by both partners. Unfortunately both partners of the marital relationship suffer. Even when one party is innocent, offsprings, in-laws, Family, all have their quality of life diminished.
[/quote]
Again. those are legitimates losses, but they are not sins.

[quote name='add' timestamp='1335696599' post='2424711']
[/quote]

Dude, open up the catechis[color=#333333]m and reorient your definition of sin. [/color]

[quote name='kujo' timestamp='1335713629' post='2424750']

Dude, open up the catechis[color=#333333]m and reorient your definition of sin. [/color]
[/quote]

There are a great many kinds of sins. Scripture provides several lists of them. The Letter to the Galatians contrasts the works of the flesh with the fruit of the Spirit: "Now the works of the flesh are plain: fornication, impurity, licentiousness, idolatry, sorcery, enmity, strife, jealousy, anger, selfishness, dissension, factions, envy, drunkenness, carousing, and the like.

http://www.vatican.va/archive/ccc_css/archive/catechism/p3s1c1a8.htm

Edited by add

cmotherofpirl

[quote name='add' timestamp='1335726460' post='2424832']
There are a great many kinds of sins. Scripture provides several lists of them. The Letter to the Galatians contrasts the works of the flesh with the fruit of the Spirit: "Now the works of the flesh are plain: fornication, impurity, licentiousness, idolatry, sorcery, enmity, strife, jealousy, anger, selfishness, dissension, factions, envy, drunkenness, carousing, and the like.

[/quote]

Divorce isn't on that list. There is also a great deal of difference between reacting to something happen in your life and reacting emotionally, and cultivating an emotion of anger, jealousy etc.

Divorce isn't on that list. There is also a great deal of difference between reacting to something happen in your life and reacting emotionally, and cultivating an emotion of anger, jealousy etc.

You say, Abandoning your family is not a sin? Frankly I find that hard to believe.

[quote name='add' timestamp='1336300292' post='2427603']

You say, Abandoning your family is not a sin? Frankly I find that hard to believe.
[/quote]

:doh:

I think Deus te Amat was giving reading comprehension lessons. You might take her up on her offer.

[quote name='Lil Red' timestamp='1336311302' post='2427618']

:doh:

I think Deus te Amat was giving reading comprehension lessons. You might take her up on her offer.
[/quote]
Would it be a sin, not to?

I don't think you understand what cmom is trying to say, and I'm not going to speak for her.

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

type pickle, that is a new internet term for conundrum or in australian a dog chasing it's tail, in yankee going round in circles. and tropic is when you go off tha topic, and jacks iz when your tryna out play another instead of lovin em like a brother, my view on this whole issue is some can and some can't, liberal and conservative,and i'm not talking about condoms,i'm talking about knowing God well enough to know yourself. :)

Onward christian souls.
JESUS is LORD.
God is good,God is love,God saves.

JC "seek ye first the kingdom of God and all else will be added."

:ember: oh by the way i was talking about the topic and not the tropic of capricorn that somehow baboozled ye all to some kind of marriage debate.

Edited by Tab'le Du'Bah-Rye

[quote name='Lil Red' timestamp='1336312080' post='2427622']
I don't think you understand what cmom is trying to say, and I'm not going to speak for her.
[/quote]
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4XT-l-_3y0[/media]

[quote name='CaliforniaCatholic' timestamp='1335364071' post='2423153']
And who appointed you Pope?
[/quote]

Well, anyone can be thanks to the Universal Life Church of Modesto California. You see, for free, as long as you pledge to spread all sorts of peace and fluffy liberal happiness stuff, they'll let you print off a certificate that you're now an ordained clergy member in their "church". Among the wide variety of titles you can choose for yourself are things like Wizard, Father, or Pope.