An Old School Catholic Message Board

Homosexual Or Opposite Gender Housemates

Autumn Dusk

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

We can't change the world with one mother teresa of calcutta we need a billion, lay and religious. I've started a.a. and this is my favorite quote so far, "There is one with all power and that one is God, may you find him now."
Like it's the oldest trick in the devils book, "You will be like Gods." POWER POWER POWER, it's a lie.

Edited by Tab'le Du'Bah-Rye

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

i have friends that are pretty bad on the bad scale and still associate with them but wouldn't live with them since i have become a practising christian, unless they where serious about trying to change and would like someone to help them in that change. I let an ex junkie whom was a previous brother of an old friend stay at my flat for 3 months but he was in the brupe program and wanted to change for his girlfriend and child. I also had a homelss man live with me for 3-4 weeks whom was an alcoholic but i told him short term only and he had to figure something out pretty quick. So in saying that if i had a room spare and the homo sexual was homeless i would have him in the spare room with the rule of no one else is allowed in his roomn and short term only and he would have to pull strings for accomadation fast,or possibly even an aquaintance that was homo-sexual but again it would only be short term with the no bedroom antics rule. It would be the same deal for me for a hetrosexual friend whom was permiscuis.That spirit of lust would overcome me evetually homo-sexual or hetro-sexual (not that i would turn homo-sexual) before you know it i would be howling around looking for a fix,no matter how many crucifixes i have in my house or sacrementals around my kneck. But thats just me, i am weak.

Edited by Tab'le Du'Bah-Rye

[quote name='fides' Jack' timestamp='1334780368' post='2420374']
Who's Dexter?
[/quote]
[img]http://i1247.photobucket.com/albums/gg626/vitaminj861/dexter-main.jpg[/img]

:think:

I think this really depends on the person... I'm a 27 year old woman and I've only ever had male roommates. It's not that I don't want to live with women but I just tend to have male acquaintances who are moving around the time that I'm moving.

I have NEVER had a male roommate hit on me, but I'm really careful about who I chose to live with. I wouldn't want to live with someone who I don't know previously or who makes me feel uncomfortable in one way or another.

I think that it doesn't necessarily matter if you're sharing a flat with an opposite gender or homosexual same gender roommate so long as you feel as though it would be a good living situation. If you don't agree with the homosexual lifestyle then I doubt a homosexual would even [b]want[/b] to live with you.

Same sex cohabitation is sinful
Living in the same domicile with a unrelated adult member of the opposite sex is sinful
Divorce is sinful
The above sins may be minor but they do effect the quality of life

the quality of life
the quality of life
the quality of life

[quote name='add' timestamp='1335136372' post='2421964']
Same sex cohabitation is sinful
Living in the same domicile with a unrelated adult member of the opposite sex is sinful
[/quote]

Prove it.

[quote name='kujo' timestamp='1335137878' post='2421982']

Prove it.
[/quote]

Researchers are finding that marriage has a much greater impact in our lives than many have assumed. This is especially true in the area of adult health and well-being.
"The evidence of research is surprisingly clear: a good marriage is both men's and women's best bet for living a long and healthy life." Men and women who are in their first marriages, on average, enjoy significantly higher levels of physical and mental health than those who are either single, divorced or living together.

[quote name='add' timestamp='1335140552' post='2421998']
Researchers are finding that marriage has a much greater impact in our lives than many have assumed. This is especially true in the area of adult health and well-being.
"The evidence of research is surprisingly clear: a good marriage is both men's and women's best bet for living a long and healthy life." Men and women who are in their first marriages, on average, enjoy significantly higher levels of physical and mental health than those who are either single, divorced or living together.
[/quote]

What does that have anything to do with your previous statement regarding cohabitation with members of the opposite sex being sinful?

cmotherofpirl

[quote name='add' timestamp='1335136372' post='2421964']
Divorce is sinful

[/quote]

Nope. This may be your personal opinion, but its not Catholic teaching.

[quote name='cmotherofpirl' timestamp='1335144246' post='2422022']

Nope. This may be your personal opinion, but its not Catholic teaching.
[/quote]
The Seventh Precept of the Church is opinion?
It is not wrong to; Abandoned my spouse and family by separation or divorce?
It is not wrong to; live with a member of the opposite sex without the benefit of a marriage blessed by the Catholic Church?
When did this change?

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

[quote name='Tab'le Du'Bah-Rye' timestamp='1334839653' post='2420566']
i have friends that are pretty bad on the bad scale and still associate with them but wouldn't live with them since i have become a practising christian, unless they where serious about trying to change and would like someone to help them in that change. I let an ex junkie whom was a previous brother of an old friend stay at my flat for 3 months but he was in the brupe program and wanted to change for his girlfriend and child. I also had a homelss man live with me for 3-4 weeks whom was an alcoholic but i told him short term only and he had to figure something out pretty quick. So in saying that if i had a room spare and the homo sexual was homeless i would have him in the spare room with the rule of no one else is allowed in his roomn and short term only and he would have to pull strings for accomadation fast,or possibly even an aquaintance that was homo-sexual but again it would only be short term with the no bedroom antics rule. It would be the same deal for me for a hetrosexual friend whom was permiscuis.That spirit of lust would overcome me evetually homo-sexual or hetro-sexual (not that i would turn homo-sexual) before you know it i would be howling around looking for a fix,no matter how many crucifixes i have in my house or sacrementals around my kneck. But thats just me, i am weak.
[/quote]

Long term too if the homo wanted to change and agreed to stick to the no bonking buddies in his or her room (or mine lol) And a three strike system. I have secret squirells(they always show up when needed,i'm like the squirell king) so finding out whether or not when i'm not present as to whether or not theres been bonking wouldn't be so hard to decipher.

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

[quote name='Tab'le Du'Bah-Rye' timestamp='1334836291' post='2420551']
We can't change the world with one mother teresa of calcutta we need a billion, lay and religious. I've started a.a. and this is my favorite quote so far, "There is one with all power and that one is God, may you find him now."
Like it's the oldest trick in the devils book, "You will be like Gods." POWER POWER POWER, it's a lie.
[/quote]

also the billion mother teresas need not be exact just with the same dedication of that i can't but God can so :P

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

[quote name='r2Dtoo' timestamp='1334952930' post='2421373']
[img]http://i1247.photobucket.com/albums/gg626/vitaminj861/dexter-main.jpg[/img]

:think:
[/quote]

WHY IZ YOUR COW EATING MOTHER GOOSE ? AND DEXTER LOOKS LIKE TOBIT WILL HAVE TO BURY HIM FOR MURDERING OUTCASTS. BRING IT MWAH HA HA HA :dead:

[quote name='add' timestamp='1335169365' post='2422077']
The Seventh Precept of the Church is opinion?
It is not wrong to; Abandoned my spouse and family by separation or divorce?
It is not wrong to; live with a member of the opposite sex without the benefit of a marriage blessed by the Catholic Church?
When did this change?
[/quote]

Pretty sure you are referring to the 6th. And no where does it refer to cohabitation (which coincidentally isn't what we are referring to here, cohabitation usually used to refer to those in a relationship who live together before marriage). We are specifically talking about a situation where a man and woman (or men and women, I don't think its been clearly defined which situation we are referring to) not in a relationship live together.

The Precepts of the Church:

[quote]I. To attend Mass on Sundays and Holy Days of Obligation, and resting from servile works.

II. To observe the days of abstinence and fasting.

III. To confess our sins to a priest, at least once a year.

IV. To receive Our Lord Jesus Christ in the Holy Eucharist at least once a year during Easter Season.

V. To contribute to the support of the Church.

VI. To obey the laws of the Church concerning Matrimony.

VII. To participate in the Church's mission of Evangelization of Souls.(Missionary Spirit of the Church[/quote]