An Old School Catholic Message Board

Noah And The Great Flood

mortify

[quote name='Archaeology cat' timestamp='1334439371' post='2417844']
By the way, Mort, I wouldn't mind seeing more sources, as I'm interested. It's earlier than my area of expertise (ie: Old Kingdom Egypt).
[/quote]

There aren't many sources at this time, and the debate has far too long been between young earth creationists and those who believe in a local flood. No one has ever thought to look back that far, or even that something might be found. Keep in mind the consequence of this hypothesis is that some level of civilization was reached 50,000 years ago, an idea that is very radical and controversial at the onset.

Archaeology cat

[quote name='cmotherofpirl' timestamp='1334553316' post='2418543']
Civilization is defined as living in cities, basically living in groups in a fixed location.
[/quote]And beer. :|

[quote name='cmotherofpirl' timestamp='1334553316' post='2418543']
Civilization is defined as living in cities, basically living in groups in a fixed location.
[/quote]

According to Genesis the descendents of Cain established a technological civilization prior to the flood. Perhaps a connection with myths surrounding a long lost civilization, e.g. Atlantis.

cmotherofpirl

[quote name='fides' Jack' timestamp='1335296195' post='2422810']
You're all crazy. :|
[/quote]

nah, we are just happy Catholics :)

[quote name='fides' Jack' timestamp='1335296195' post='2422810']
You're all crazy. :|
[/quote]

[color=#222222]I guess it’s more sensible to believe Noah was a Mesopotamian merchant, who saved a few chickens and goats during a local flood, eh? [/color]

Laudate_Dominum

Maybe the flood is what sank the lost city of Atlantis in one day. And maybe extraterrestrials taught Noah how to make an ark that would be bigger on the inside. If so, Genesis would be historical evidence of Gallifrey.

How'm I doing?

P.S. I'm totally going to visit the [url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Creation_Museum"]Creation Museum[/url] one of these days. It's not too far.

Edited by Laudate_Dominum

[quote name='Laudate_Dominum' timestamp='1335333953' post='2423089']
Maybe the flood is what sank the lost city of Atlantis in one day. And maybe extraterrestrials taught Noah how to make an ark that would be bigger on the inside. If so, Genesis would be historical evidence of Gallifrey.

How'm I doing?

P.S. I'm totally going to visit the [url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Creation_Museum"]Creation Museum[/url] one of these days. It's not too far.
[/quote]

I don't like admitting this, but the Creation Museum is about 15-20 minutes from my house.

Archaeology cat

[quote name='Amppax' timestamp='1335359446' post='2423130']

I don't like admitting this, but the Creation Museum is about 15-20 minutes from my house.
[/quote]amesome, just because of the State. ;)

fides' Jack

[quote name='Laudate_Dominum' timestamp='1335333953' post='2423089']
Maybe the flood is what sank the lost city of Atlantis in one day. And maybe extraterrestrials taught Noah how to make an ark that would be bigger on the inside.
[/quote]

Oh, like a reversed Gabriel's Horn, or maybe something like the bag of that evil witch Mary Poppins...

BTW, Atlantis isn't lost. It's in the Pegasus galaxy.

cmotherofpirl

[/quote]

wow what a weird place!

fides' Jack

[quote name='mortify' timestamp='1335385148' post='2423311']
Im just giving the Divine Author of Genesis the benefit of the doubt :elvis:
[/quote]

Oh, I believe in the story of the flood as portrayed in the bible. I'm just calling everyone crazy for the fun of it.

Sorry! :proud:

Mark of the Cross

[/quote]
In my belief it's a lot further away somewhere in the pegasus galaxy.