An Old School Catholic Message Board

In Case Of Being Made Into A Zombie

Byzantine

cmotherofpirl

[url="http://www.buzzfeed.com/mjs538/the-perfect-house-for-surviving-a-zombie-apocalyps"]http://www.buzzfeed.com/mjs538/the-perfect-house-for-surviving-a-zombie-apocalyps[/url]

[color=#333333][font=HelveticaNeue,]I've always wanted the sword from Braveheart, but I have doubts about its utility vis a vis killing reanimated, flesh-hungry humans...thoughts?[/font][/color]

swords may not be the best bet, but they are better than nothing. something that big stands a good chance of lopping off heads and not getting stuck(if it is sharp!!)

cmotherofpirl

[quote name='kujo' timestamp='1332656912' post='2407767']
[color=#333333]I've always wanted the sword from Braveheart, but I have doubts about its utility vis a vis killing reanimated, flesh-hungry humans...thoughts?[/color]
[/quote]
I think its too heavy for sustained combat, and you would be WAY too close to the enemy.

[quote name='cmotherofpirl' timestamp='1332686288' post='2407896']
I think its too heavy for sustained combat, and you would be WAY too close to the enemy.
[/quote]

Yeah, I was a little toasted last night while posting this. A more lightweight sword would be better as a secondary or tertiary weapon for the eventuality of close combat.

If the zombie virus is a bod borne pathogen, wouldn't you want to stay away from the blood splatters? Shovels, swords, and baseball bats are way too sloppy and are for movies, not real life zombies. I'm thinking a pistol grip 410 for close up (15 feet)

[quote name='Anomaly' timestamp='1332709817' post='2408183']
If the zombie virus is a bod borne pathogen, wouldn't you want to stay away from the blood splatters? Shovels, swords, and baseball bats are way too sloppy and are for movies, not real life zombies. I'm thinking a pistol grip 410 for close up (15 feet)
[/quote]

As long as we are wearing proper protective gear at all times, protecting our skin from exposure, it shouldn't be much of a problem.

there is no reason to have a pistol grip only on a shotgun, unless its for packing small. with no stock you are restricted to shooting from the hip, recipe for wasting ammo. a pistol grip/buttstock would be decent though.
but effective range for a shot gun is anywhere out to 30-50 yards with a choked barrel

a 410 wouldnt be bad if it was for headshots, but pump action and semi auto guns for 12 gauge are more common, and so are the shells. much more damage being done too.

I was thinking the 410 would be good for Max damage close in with the least skill while not being burdensome. I'm a bit sqeamish letting zombies get too close. It is intended for use if I get caught unaware and a couple get close. Bad call?

Edited by Anomaly

[quote name='Anomaly' timestamp='1332711257' post='2408222']
I was thinking the 410 would be good for Max damage close in with the least skill while not being burdensome. I'm a bit sqeamish letting zombies get too close. It is intended for use if I get caught unaware and a couple get close. Bad call?
[/quote]

well, 410 is pretty significantly less powerful and scarce than 12 gauge, and your weight isnt gonna change much (my 12 guage single shot with a 34" barrel weighs about 6 pounds(less than my pellet gun)) and your range with a shotgun is actually pretty far(much more so than video games would suggest), best to use range when you can.

with the correct ammo, if you have a .22 and a 12 guage you can do anything with them(including big game or varmint hunting)