An Old School Catholic Message Board

In Case Of Being Made Into A Zombie

Byzantine

Then again, there's so[color=#282828]mething to be said about the si[/color][color=#282828]mplicity and brutishness of the baseball bat. [/color]

Nihil Obstat

[quote name='kujo' timestamp='1332262214' post='2404467']
I'[color=#282828]m going the [/color][color=#000000]Michonne route and using a katana![/color]

[color=#000000][img]http://www.thewalkingdeadepisode.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/The-Walking-Dead-Michonne-Introduction-Comic-Books-400x300.jpg[/img][/color]
[/quote]

It'll probably break.

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' timestamp='1332263677' post='2404477']
It'll probably break.
[/quote]

Not if you have a proper whetting stone.

Nihil Obstat

[quote name='kujo' timestamp='1332264267' post='2404484']
Not if you have a proper whetting stone.
[/quote]

That would keep it sharp. I'm not sure you could keep a katana from breaking during zombie apocalypse level abuse.

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' timestamp='1332266877' post='2404500']
That would keep it sharp. I'm not sure you could keep a katana from breaking during zombie apocalypse level abuse.
[/quote]

Is that a challenge?

Nihil Obstat

Yep. Let's replicate a sort of zombie apocalypse obstacle course and see how a typical katana performs over a week of frequent use and only in-the-field upkeep.

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' timestamp='1332267047' post='2404504']
Yep. Let's replicate a sort of zombie apocalypse obstacle course and see how a typical katana performs over a week of frequent use and only in-the-field upkeep.
[/quote]

Time and place, my good sir. I'm there!

Nihil Obstat

[quote name='kujo' timestamp='1332267158' post='2404507']
Time and place, my good sir. I'm there!
[/quote]

Do you already have the katana?

[quote name='Jesus_lol' timestamp='1332261230' post='2404460']
you want a zombie gun? ruger 10/22 for 200 bucks, can fit 50 round drums in it, and ammo is about 20 bucks for 500. and those 500 weigh not much and are in a small box. could have several thousand in a backpack easy.

:)

that and the old 12 guage i just picked up that would predate even nazi zombies, and im set :)
[/quote]

Does a 22 have enough stopping power for zombies?

EDIT: well, I guess with several thousand rounds you wouldn't need to worry, but then you're just wasting ammo.

Edited by arfink

well, at a 3-4 cents per round... its kinda hard to waste it. but, if headshots are the aim, a 22 does pretty well. definitely got enough power to punch through skulls and mess brain matter up. so good enough in my books. Besides, with smaller ammo like .22lr you have virtually no recoil to deal with, small light and accurate guns, easy to shoot quickly and carry around, sound doesnt carry nearly as far.
Also, 22 is by far the most prevalent ammunition made world wide, shouldnt be hard to find.

Nihil Obstat

Let's all pitch in and buy one of these:

[img]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/f/f5/Boffin_40mm_bofors_cfb_borden_1.jpg/220px-Boffin_40mm_bofors_cfb_borden_1.jpg[/img]

Bofors 40mm autocannon. FPSRussia did a video with this, but there's probably language issues so I can't post a link. I highly recommend you search it yourself. :proud:

InPersonaChriste

My mother and elder sister watched the entire 2 series' of walking dead.

In less than a week.....

:crazy:

I'm going to go shoot some nazi ZOMBIES!

Nihil Obstat

[quote name='InPersonaChriste' timestamp='1332394439' post='2405214']
My mother and elder sister watched the entire 2 series' of walking dead.

In less than a week.....

:crazy:

I'm going to go shoot some nazi ZOMBIES!
[/quote]

Call of Duty?
My friend and I have a bit of a tradition where we buy some good beer, sometimes some whisky, and get a bowl or two of chips, then play the Nazi zombie mode on COD and watch anime until the wee hours. :hehe:

i am so seriously good at that game :) its pretty amesome, along with L4D

and just finished the season finale of Walking dead, its a great show.

[quote name='Jesus_lol' timestamp='1332261230' post='2404460']12 guage i just picked up [/quote]

Read this article out of "[url="http://www.gunsandammo.com/2011/10/14/hornady-zombie-max-ammo/"]Guns and ammo[/url]".Pretty funny whilst also kinda scary.