An Old School Catholic Message Board

Poll On Danger To Society

Annie12

21 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I am trying to post a poll but I am not sure it it is working. so, just in case it doesn't work I am writing this disclaimer. (I can't figure it out. I wrote it but it doesn't show up)

A ha! it worked!!

Apathy caused by a general lack of critical thinking, excacerbated by media mis-information and randon Big Lebowski quotes is closely challenged by chemicals in processed food and the shrinking polar bear habitat.

[quote name='Anomaly' timestamp='1331559760' post='2399542']
Apathy caused by a general lack of critical thinking, excacerbated by media mis-information and randon Big Lebowski quotes is closely challenged by chemicals in processed food and the shrinking polar bear habitat.
[/quote]
You leave the Coen brothers out of this.

Relativism is so sadly prevalent in society, and from it many poor applications of feminism spring forth, which then leads to the greatest evil going on in our country, abortion. So I would say relativism, since it leads to feminism. Secularism is obviously not a very good thing, but I don't think there's anything that can be done about that.

Basilisa Marie

Feminism should not be on here. I, as a woman, am quite happy that I have the right to vote, own property, marry whom I wish, have a job outside the home, pursue a career, go to school, go to college, study theology, teach theology, and generally be treated and believed to have the same dignity and inherent value as a man. We absolutely cannot write off feminism as a whole just because it has also brought birth control and abortion along for the ride.

*gets off Catholic Feminist soapbox*

I vote relativism.

eagle_eye222001

No option for Stupidism? It leads to anything that's bad!

Hard to pick when each option has its own dark story of what its done to the world.

[quote name='Basilisa Marie' timestamp='1331570771' post='2399615']
Feminism should not be on here. I, as a woman, am quite happy that I have the right to vote, own property, marry whom I wish, have a job outside the home, pursue a career, go to school, go to college, study theology, teach theology, and generally be treated and believed to have the same dignity and inherent value as a man. We absolutely cannot write off feminism as a whole just because it has also brought birth control and abortion along for the ride.

I vote relativism.
[/quote]

Good point on clarifying bad feminism from good feminism. The OP I'm sure meant Feminism in the bad sense, but this probably should have been clarified.

[b] What poses the most danger to society?[/b]

Gosh, no mention of lust, gluttony, greed, sloth, wrath, envy, or pride? Right now I would go with "wrath", as we are currently focused on stirring up hate against one another: hatred of groups we don't belong to, or groups we blame for all our troubles, is getting even worse, becoming hatred of any individual in that group. But they're all deadly for a reason.

[quote name='Basilisa Marie' timestamp='1331570771' post='2399615']

I vote relativism.
[/quote]
That isn't feminism. Those rights all existed well before. Women ran abbeys (both the male and female sides) during the Middle Ages. Those rights were lost during the Protestant Revolt and the "Enlightenment".

Feminism is a poorly conceived novelty. Think of terms like "racism" to spot the error. It's merely collectivist claptrap. We needn't have a special term such as "feminism" in order to protect the rights of all humans.

[quote name='Annie12' timestamp='1331579503' post='2399695']
Sorry I didn't specify on Feminism. I totally agree! I'm sorry! it was my fault!
[/quote]
I didn't mean it that way. You win because you make me feel bad for my tone. You meant something different from the term as I have discerned it, and I could have said that in a kinder way.

[quote name='Hasan' timestamp='1331583225' post='2399736']
Me.
[/quote] Would you say you're "What's Wrong with the World?"