An Old School Catholic Message Board

Describe The Greatest Love, On Earth (Noun): 

add

5 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

No greater love has man than this, to lay down is life for is friends.

the love that leads to the sacrifice of one's own life for another is the greatest love on earth.

i assumed that by "on earth" add was trying to indicate "other than divine love", so even though the crucifixion was indeed "on earth", I didn't specifically say that but stuck to general self-sacrificial love, when someone actually lays down their life for someone else, that is real love. that kind of absolute altruism is, in fact, the only kind of proof offerable for the existence of love at all, or for the existence of anything spiritual or supernatural, because that type of altruism is an evolutionary disadvantage.

in animals you can see some kind of altruism, but it usually corresponds to the continuation of similar genes and is thus an evolutionary advantage--a meerkat will give his life for another meerkat if that meerkat is of the same geneological family, so it's instinctive; but when humans lay down their lives not for their children or their brothers, but for friends or strangers or neighbors, that's the nearest thing we have to "proof" of something divine at work in the human soul.

[quote name='Aloysius' timestamp='1331243415' post='2397872']
i assumed that by "on earth" add was trying to indicate "other than divine love"
[/quote]
That was the general idea
That being said:
Mary was the mother of the Messiah, Jesus, She, as all mothers are willing servant to there children.   Mary was the only human being to be with Jesus throughout his entire life — from his birth until his death, from cradle to grave and everything in between.
The mother of my children was like that, as is hers , as is mine

[quote name='jaime' timestamp='1331396473' post='2398679']
[img]http://www.kevinlove.org/kevin-love.jpg[/img]
[/quote]
smiles, i :heart: smiles
especially baby smiles
[img]http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d160/wisper3/babysmiles.jpg[/img]
my baby smiles :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

[quote name='add' timestamp='1331431015' post='2398898']
smiles, i :heart: smiles
especially baby smiles
[img]http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d160/wisper3/babysmiles.jpg[/img]
my baby smiles :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
[/quote]

Mine's name is Kevin Love He plays for the Timberwolves. I think all the people who have the last name of Love, he is the greatest!