An Old School Catholic Message Board

Charity Towards Others

Livin_the_MASS

rate it's importance shown to others  

61 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

well...I think charity starts most other virtues off...it's all connected...

If you are charitable you won't lie, cheat, steal, kill, commit adultery...because it just ain't charitable ;)

Lankyswimmer--

It's in 1 Corinthians (I'm pretty sure it's that and not 2 Corinthians -- but either way it's in Corinthians). And as for chapter and verse, I don't remember that.

"So faith, hope, love remain, these three; but the greatest of these is love."

1 Cor. 13:13

God Bless! :))

ThyWillBeDone

This was great quote about charity from an awesome saint so I thought I would share it with you all.

"Charity is the queen of virtues. As the pearls are held together by the thread, thus the virtues are held together by charity; as the pearls fall when the thread breaks, thus virtues are lost if charity diminishes." ~ St. Padre Pio

• 3 years later...

I believe that the Lord told us his greatest commandment was to love our neighbor as ourselves. He didn't say, only love the ones who believe in me.

Charity is very important. I do not believe you can have charity as a virtue unless you Love God and yourself first.

The idea that you can't pray for anyone other than Catholics or have anyone who is not Catholic not pray for you is kind of sick. I will take a prayer to God on my behalf from anyone. I believe that intercessory prayer is more powerful than me praying for myself.
We are all children of God regardless of what we believe in or even if we don't believe. God loves us all equally, he could do no less because he is perfect and divine Love. Wow. To not be able to pray for everyone in the world, for the conversion of their souls, for the relief of their suffering?? That isn't even imaginable. That is not a Catholic doctrine that I know of.

I'm telling God what you said. :unsure:
No, never mind. He already knows.

Edited by Deb