An Old School Catholic Message Board

Charity Towards Others

Livin_the_MASS

rate it's importance shown to others  

61 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Livin_the_MASS

Just curious? I say charity all the way, to our brothers and sisters outside the Chruch and those within! Do you think charity brings unity, I say yes. Will it help bring others to Christ? I say yes.

Comments! ;)

:)

God Bless
Jason

Livin_the_MASS

Whoever voted charity not being important I'll say some Hail Mary's for ya ;)

Peace

Of course charity will bring others to Christ, as a matter of fact it's [i]the only[/i] that will. Does anyone really think calling a gay man the f-word is going to get him to see his sinful ways? If you do, please seek help, since you are way out of touch with reality. Christ commanded us to love our neibour as we love ourselves and grouped it in his Great Commandment. Charity. Just do it.

cmotherofpirl

I think you are confusing people

which is the most charitable 10 or 1?

Livin_the_MASS

1 is Most important

10 is least important

I know I messed up, sorry couldn't fix it!

Peace

Livin_the_MASS

[quote name='cmotherofpirl' date='May 5 2004, 08:16 PM'] Is that better? [/quote]
I love you Cmom, Thanx :)

God Bless You
Jason

Jason, I think you're scale got everybody confused, and is still getting people confused. I know was. :)

Charity is the greatest virtue, above faith according to the Bible (just for the Fundamentalists who adhere to Sola Fide who are reading). I selected 1 as the answer because this is true, but we have to understand the true meaning of charity. The "ecumenical" activity where we pray with Protestants and other heretics is not a form of charity. This is not true charity. It is impossible to please God without the Cathoilc faith (Council of Trent, Session V), and therefore the prayer of anyone outside the Church does not bring honor to God but rather is a blasphemy to God. The virtue of charity also does not mean that we should be passive but rather that we should imitate Our Lord, Who was certainly not passive, in our endeavors and dealing with others. God bless.

VeiledAMerici

[quote name='amarkich' date='May 5 2004, 07:48 PM'] Charity is the greatest virtue, above faith according to the Bible (just for the Fundamentalists who adhere to Sola Fide who are reading). I selected 1 as the answer because this is true, but we have to understand the true meaning of charity. The "ecumenical" activity where we pray with Protestants and other heretics is not a form of charity. This is not true charity. It is impossible to please God without the Cathoilc faith (Council of Trent, Session V), and therefore the prayer of anyone outside the Church does not bring honor to God but rather is a blasphemy to God. The virtue of charity also does not mean that we should be passive but rather that we should imitate Our Lord, Who was certainly not passive, in our endeavors and dealing with others. God bless. [/quote]
Whoa whoa, are you saying that Catholics shouldn't pray for Protestants. I always thought (and maybe this is wrong) that you should pray for sinners (as it states in the Lord's Prayer) including those who have strayed from the Truth. Please explain.

Ash Wednesday

Now I remember why I usually find myself more in the Open Mic and less at the Debate Table.

*votes #1 and leaves*