An Old School Catholic Message Board

Single Mother's And Abortion

blacksheep

[quote name='Basilisa Marie' timestamp='1331061748' post='2396947']
And, to a certain extent, aren't we [i]supposed [/i]to be taken advantage of as Christians? Shouldn't our hospitality astound?
[/quote]

Hospitality and truly helping someone, yes; enabling, stupidity, and being "suckers", no.

To the OP, what your aunt is saying is nearly as bad as some of the rabid pro abortion people. They think that the baby is a burden and a punishment that the mother shouldnt have to deal with, while it seems your aunt thinks the baby is a burden and a punishment that the mother deserves for being a hellbound silly sally.

in fact, i find that way of thinking much more vile, even if it is advocating prolife over prochoice.

Basilisa Marie

[quote name='Norseman82' timestamp='1335110884' post='2421860']
Hospitality and truly helping someone, yes; enabling, stupidity, and being "suckers", no.
[/quote]

Which is why I qualified my statement with "to a certain extent."

And right now I see a heck of a lot more Christians that have a problem with hospitality than Christians that are too hospitable.

LaPetiteSoeur

Some of the best ministries the church has are there to help unwed mothers/women who wish to keep their babies. Actually, I think we should have MORE of them. SInce the Church is pro-life, they should really have tons of resources for women who wish to follow that and keep their children. Singe mothers need all the assistance, training, support, etc that they can get. The Church should be at the forefront of that mission!

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

[quote name='Norseman82' timestamp='1335110884' post='2421860']
[/quote]

Jesus drew a line in the sand, God has boundaries possibly in that he is patient kind and slow to anger,don't mean he doesn't i assume. So what of us, i take that line in the sand parable is that for me to be perfect like God is perfect, i have to have established boundaries. God is God not me hence the like God and not as God hence why i can only allow people close to me to overstep the established boundary so many times before i say STOP!your killing me.

JC "better to go into heaven with half your body than into hell whole."

PadrePioOfPietrelcino

[quote name='Anomaly' timestamp='1333816990' post='2414000']
The courts are to punish the man and woman, they're to ensure both DNA donors at least fulfill the most basic physical obligations the incurred. Obviosly being stupid enough to spin the revolver and pull the trigger, both parties may need help to accept the consequences when the gun goes off.
[/quote]

perhaps I have just read too much into the statements, but in the cases discussed here...the courts should NOT be "punishing" anyone. They should be seeking to ensure that the victim (the child and child only) receives an upbringing consistent with the dignity that human life dictates...thats (<---thats for you Winchester :pinch: ) it. I live in a state that automatically assumes that a father is a deadbeat and must be forced to care for his child...and that a mother regardless of fitness as compared to the father is the best place for a child to be. For example in Kansas an unemployed homeless father is REQUIRED to pay $270 a month to his child's mother. I'm sorry, but where is he going to get money if he is homeless jobless?

I know of a single mother with three children from three different men. She collects in child support between $850-$1200 a month for each child...our system is broken.

Yes we should help single mothers who need help, yes we should give the support to help prevent abortions, yes we should encourage a proper and complete view of humanity consistent with the theology of the body...No we should not judge people by their sins, no we should not use the courts to punish people for sin of this nature.