An Old School Catholic Message Board

The G.o.p's Vagina Monologue

[quote name='Hasan' timestamp='1331093875' post='2397117']
No. It's just one-sided and lacks nuance. Much like you see here in the other political direction.
[/quote]
No, it's stupid. It's not "one-sided" because it's not remotely honest. It's not merely a different perspective, it's completely wrong. The idea behind it is that having an employer who doesn't include such coverage as part of a pay package prevents "control of reproductive health" is completely untrue. It has zero basis in fact.

It doesn't matter what the other side does. That's not a defense, at all. That's petty croutons, pointing at "the other side" (which for the most part is on the same side as you, just different issues they want Big Brother controlling) and saying: "They did it, too!"

There's no real issue. You get the pay you get. You're not entitled to specific wants because you want them. Pay for them. "Oh, but if I pay for that, then I can't afford my unlimited cell phone so I can text all the other students about my horrible student loan burden!"

[quote name='Hasan' timestamp='1331093875' post='2397117']

No. It's just one-sided and lacks nuance. Much like you see here in the other political direction.
[/quote]

I am a woman and I object to that cartoon/badge/propaganda on a non-political basis.
It makes women look like complete and utter ditzes!
Barring extremes, women can always control their reproductive organs. Non-pregnancy is a default stage. If you can't figure out how to get there, you have major problems on multiple levels.

That said, if you absolutely need birth control, then fine. But if you insist on using the most or a more expensive kind, your employer shouldn't have to pay for your preferences. If you need birth control that badly, and are so in need of money, you'd be using the bc that doesn't cost anyone, anything: NFP.

[quote name='Winchester' timestamp='1331117028' post='2397152']
No, it's stupid. It's not "one-sided" because it's not remotely honest. It's not merely a different perspective, it's completely wrong. The idea behind it is that having an employer who doesn't include such coverage as part of a pay package prevents "control of reproductive health" is completely untrue. It has zero basis in fact.

It doesn't matter what the other side does. That's not a defense, at all. That's petty croutons, pointing at "the other side" (which for the most part is on the same side as you, just different issues they want Big Brother controlling) and saying: "They did it, too!"

There's no real issue. You get the pay you get. You're not entitled to specific wants because you want them. Pay for them. "Oh, but if I pay for that, then I can't afford my unlimited cell phone so I can text all the other students about my horrible student loan burden!"
[/quote]

That's true. It was trollish.

[quote]
[img]http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/417319_10150722027385330_517375329_11925891_423073822_n.jpg[/img][/quote]

Then find a new employer!

cmotherofpirl

[quote name='Papist' timestamp='1331151870' post='2397329']
Then find a new employer!
[/quote]
Agreed. Walmart sells the pill for $9 a month. If you can't afford that, rethink your budget....

[quote name='Hasan' timestamp='1331151095' post='2397326']
That's true. It was trollish.
[/quote]
Quitter.