An Old School Catholic Message Board

Regarding Rip Taylor

Winchester

Regarding Rip Taylor  

10 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

My use of Rip Taylor as my current avatar has elicited raeg from a phatmasser. I remember once inspiring teh raeg from someone named Budge for using Johnny Depp's beloved Captain Jack Sparrow. Apparently, flamboyance is a problem for non-Christian bibliolators. I suspect the same thing that drives one to adopt a ridiculous showboat [s]religion[/s] religious movement based on screaming and historical insanity has a connection with the hatred of flamboyance and the immediate conclusion that this means a dedication to practicing homosexuality. I really only know that Rip Taylor is a madcap genius whose life has been a symbolic commentary on the military tactics of Napolean Bonaparte.

Edited by Winchester

I remember the $1.98 Beauty Show and it was hilarious.

[img]http://images.sodahead.com/polls/002343367/271261436_rip_xlarge.jpeg[/img]

Anybody remember Marty Allen?

[img]http://jaydeanhcr.files.wordpress.com/2010/02/hurt9.jpg?w=450[/img]

I'm not familiar with him either.

But I didn't boycott the Lord of the Rings movies because of Ian McKellen... if that lends to the discussion.

[quote name='Winchester' timestamp='1330544759' post='2394570']
My use of Rip Taylor as my current avatar has elicited raeg from a phatmasser. I remember once inspiring teh raeg from someone named Budge for using Johnny Depp's beloved Captain Jack Sparrow. Apparently, flamboyance is a problem for non-Christian bibliolators. I suspect the same thing that drives one to adopt a ridiculous showboat [s]religion[/s] religious movement based on screaming and historical insanity has a connection with the hatred of flamboyance and the immediate conclusion that this means a dedication to practicing homosexuality. I really only know that Rip Taylor is a madcap genius whose life has been a symbolic commentary on the military tactics of Napolean Bonaparte.
[/quote]

It was I who made that comment

Philippians 4
8  Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy - meditate on these things.  9  The things which you learned and received and heard and saw in me, these do, and the God of peace will be with you. 

Edited by Louie

James 1: 27  Pure and undefiled religion before God and the Father is this: to visit orphans and widows in their trouble, and to keep oneself unspotted from the world.

Keep oneself unspotted from the world!

By the way George Takei aka Sulu is a practicing homosexual as well...is this done purposely? Are you taking a stand in support for homosexuality? Don't take this the wrong way...I don't know you or your struggles or your stance on this subject. I am not trying to ridicule you as you try to do with me...I ask you this wanting to know your reasoning.

Edited by Louie

Vincent Vega

[quote name='Louie' timestamp='1330628042' post='2395001']
Philippians 4
8 Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy - meditate on these things. 9 The things which you learned and received and heard and saw in me, these do, and the God of peace will be with you.
[/quote]
I thought man was totally depraved? Are we then to isolate ourselves from every mortal being (including ourselves...?)?

Yes, you're very holy. You've pointed that out since you got here.

You've decided that people, like God, are simple. Thus you decide to never take seriously the correct things a person may say, if that person has adopted (or seems to adopt) the sins you've decided entirely discredit them. See, I chose Rip Taylor because he is flamboyant. I know flamboyance freaks out bibliolaters, unless it's a flashy preacher screeching on stage like a deranged lunatic. Then it's okay to flounce about. You might not be like that, but you focused on Rip's practicing homosexuality (which I suspected, but never looked into). Mission accomplified.

See, people like you read some stupid books about the Bible. You read absolute croutons translations of the Bible. You probably don't know "alone" is an interpolation. You probably believe all the little black legends about Catholicism. You sure as hell don't understand that words like "worship" and "pray" have meanings beyond the colloquial. I used to try debating with people like you. For years I banged my head against the thick wall of unadulterated stupidity that passes for theology amongst your ilk.

Right now, I'm done with that. As soon as I see one of you start quoting from your bastardized translations, I know I've just found another autodidact Christian. I called you a bibliolator. You're not one. You [i]worship [/i]bibliolators. You're a bibliolatorolator. Get off the internet, pick up a Catechism, and return to the Church.

I'm pretty sure all lunatics are deranged.

[quote name='USAirwaysIHS' timestamp='1330634544' post='2395034']

I thought man was totally depraved? Are we then to isolate ourselves from every mortal being (including ourselves...?)?
[/quote]

1 John 1:4  You are of God, little children, and have overcome them, because He who is in you is greater than he who is in the world.  5  They are of the world. Therefore they speak as of the world, and the world hears them.  6  We are of God. He who knows God hears us; he who is not of God does not hear us. By this we know the spirit of truth and the spirit of error. 

I will put up something acknowledging how terribly wrong my attitude about this whole thing is. Maybe I just did.

[quote name='Winchester' timestamp='1330634889' post='2395038']
I will put up something acknowledging how terribly wrong my attitude about this whole thing is. Maybe I just did.
[/quote]

It's all good...I'm just jealous that I don't have a profile picture...jk...I at times react in the same manner and then feel wrong about it...that's the flesh...and so the saying goes...if I may..."murder your flesh"

The good thing is we are all children of God. We are brothers...whether we like it or not...we are family...Romans 8:16-17 The Spirit itself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God, and if children, then heirs, heirs of God and joint heirs with Christ, if only we suffer with him so that we may also be glorified with him. NAB

Edited by Louie

Oh by the way I do know and understand what the words worship and pray means...I'm not as dumb as you may think.

Edited by Louie