An Old School Catholic Message Board

What Is The Position Of Mary In Catholic Church? What Is The Place Of

Guest snap1234

[quote name='cmotherofpirl' timestamp='1330449187' post='2394052']
Because the Catholic Church says it is. We compiled the New Testament, and included the Old Testament.
[/quote]

That is what I am trying to get to. To accept the Bible is to accept the authority of who chose the what belongs in the Bible. Hence, you accept the authority of the Catholic Church. We know the Bible is inspired because the Church that Christ founded used the teaching authority given by Christ to discern which scriptures were inspired and which were not.

[img]http://thmg.photobucket.com/albums/v513/staceysmith27/Animated%20gifs/mooley%20smilies/th_troll2.gif[/img]

Edited by Papist

perhaps the fellow just hasn't checked back yet, many people are used to forums with slower response feeds and such, or are busy but will come to read the responses.

phatmass has become far too troll-paranoid IMO. seriously folks, bad form. we should welcome people coming here to debate from the Protestant side of things. stop calling "troll" every time you see your shadow, seriously. :|

Edited by Aloysius

Mark of the Cross

[quote name='Aloysius' timestamp='1330465020' post='2394175']
perhaps the fellow just hasn't checked back yet, many people are used to forums with slower response feeds and such, or are busy but will come to read the responses.

phatmass has become far too troll-paranoid IMO. seriously folks, bad form. we should welcome people coming here to debate from the Protestant side of things. stop calling "troll" every time you see your shadow, seriously. :|
[/quote]
Some of us trolls do stick around though! :| It's called learning by the troll method. :huh:

I agree with Aloysius. Sure o.p. could of had more charity with his original post. But there are a lot of red flags that come up when you look at the catholic church if you are a christian who trust in Jesus alone. Which in my opinon there is nothing wrong with that. Puting all your trust in Christ alone is good and leads to a good intinate personal relationship with Him. With that said the Catholic Church gives us the whole truth and when one really looks at the " red flags " and finds out the facts its all good and you see the truth and doubts are erased. I know for myself if I wouldn't of found phatmass and you people there is noway in hell I would of remained a catholic. I would be in a non denominational church without question.

Edited by Guest

[quote name='Papist' timestamp='1330348104' post='2393550']

Before we use the Bible as the only way to answer your questions, let's establish some things. Where in the Bible does it say that all Truth/Revelation is contained in the Bible, and only in the Bible? And why should we believe the Bible[as we know it today] is the inspired word of God?
[/quote]

Do you ask this question to everyone? He asking the question to be answered with an answer not a question.

cmotherofpirl

Its hard to have a conversation unless you understand the starting point for the different sides of the conversation. :)

[quote name='Louie' timestamp='1330537103' post='2394513']
Do you ask this question to everyone? He asking the question to be answered with an answer not a question.
[/quote]

Sorry. I have a propensity for logic…and an aversion to foolishness.

The word for grace in the Greek is Kechari tomene it means the one who God has graced, to give undue favor; only sinful people need God's grace. She is being chosen in preference to all the women upon earth, favoured above all the daughters of the house of David to be the mother of the Messiah in the flesh. This refers to one who is a recipient of God's favor, not the source of grace. This word for grace is from the root word Charitoo in Ephesians 1:6 it is also used of the believers in that church, “graced us.”