An Old School Catholic Message Board

If You Died Tonight Where Would You Go - How Would You Respond

thessalonian

Laudate_Dominum

I will become one with the living force. I will be all sparkly glowy and appear to people who I think are razzle dazzle.

Archaeology cat

[quote name='Kia ora' timestamp='1329630373' post='2389281']
Why?
[/quote]He's not saying we must, but that Ina conversation with a OSAS proponent ( the people most likely to ask the title question), then anything less of absolute certainty will be attacked and the person badgered. Someone not well-versed in his faith could be susceptible to such things, unfortunately.

WarriorForJesus

[color=#800080]I would say, wherever God has decided. God doesn't consult me as to where I am to go, so God is never going to ask me where He should send me.[/color]

[color=#800080]Janice[/color]

I just came from evening mass and received the Eucharist, I would go straight to purgatory, for a very looooooong time.......

ed

P.S. Please pray for the souls in purgatory!

Mark of the Cross

[quote name='Ice_nine' timestamp='1329472673' post='2388393']

[quote][size=4][font=Times New Roman]You do not have enough trust. You have too much fear before the good God. I can assure you that He is grieved over this. You should not fear Purgatory because of the suffering there, but should instead ask that you not deserve to go there in order to please God, Who so reluctantly imposes this punishment. As soon as you try to please Him in everything and have an unshakable trust [b]He purifies you every moment in His love and He lets no sin remain. And then you can be sure that you will not have to go to Purgatory[/b][/font][/size][/quote]

[/quote]
Love it, may watch the rest later.

Mark of the Cross

Beautiful 'Ice_nine'! The reference that is, although I'm sure you are too.
[font=Times New Roman][b][size="4"]'God is Father rather than Judge.[/size][/b][/font]'
I agree with Fr.Barron. Hell is a state where the lock is on the inside. I would add that Purgatory is a state that we create to hide from God, where the lock (Colloq) is also on the inside. When you truely love God and you're not sure that he will return that love then you are somehow lacking a bit of faith. Reference to Hell and Purgatory as states from the following.
http://www.ewtn.com/library/papaldoc/jp2heavn.htm

[i]But, as it is written: That eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither hath it entered into the heart of man, what things God hath prepared for them that love him. [[url="http://drbo.org/x/d?b=drb&bk=53&ch=2&l=9#x"]1 Corinthians 2:9[/url]] [[url="http://drbo.org/x/d?b=lvb&bk=53&ch=2&l=9#x"]Latin[/url]] [url="http://www.drbo.org/x/d?b=drb&bk=53&ch=2&l=10#x"][10[/url][/i]

I just think that God will provide me the graces to die a happy death. Even if it's an excruciatingly painful, slow death. All earthly pains are nothing in comparison to what awaits us anyhow.

Am I there right now? Probably not, but if I start to die in five minutes I trust God's looking out for me and can do some quick work.

rhetor4christ

[quote name='nunsense' timestamp='1329442840' post='2388235']
I don't know where I would go but I would trust in the mercy and love of God and the sacrifice that Jesus made for me. It isn't important for me to 'know', only to trust. If I had time before death, I would make a confession, receive Last Rites, pray the Rosary and ask for Our Lady's intercession, and then leave the rest up to God. If I didn't have time, I would simply commend my soul to God.

No one can 'know'.
[/quote]

I super like this!

And yet every day as we go up to communion we must make a judgement on our worthiness, so there is a level on which we can judge ourselves and believe ourselves to be in grace.