An Old School Catholic Message Board

The More Planned Parenthood Speaks Up. The More We See The Vitriol

Jaime

[font=arial, verdana, sans-serif][size=2][color=#000000][size=4]This is for all the anti-choice, anti-women people out there. [/size][/color][color=#ff0000][size=4][ Ooooh, that was scary. I'm shaking. ][/size][/color]

[color=#000000][size=4]Listen up. [/size][/color][color=#ff0000][size=4][ I'm hoping you have something worth saying, but I am not holding my breath. It's obvious you aren't talking to me, but patting each other on the back. ][/size][/color]

[color=#000000][size=4]You can spend every minute of every day trying to force the rest of us to live by your ideology. [/size][/color][color=#ff0000][size=4][ Morality, not ideology. Social units have always legislated morality. Rape is illegal, as is murder, and beastality. Pedophilia is illegal too. ][/size][/color][color=#000000][size=4] You can go after federal funds for health care and pressure private organizations like the Susan G. Komen for the Cure Foundation to stop funding breast cancer screenings for poor women. [/size][/color][color=#ff0000][size=4][ SGK dropped funding for you because you are being investigated for breaking federal law. They didn't need us. But yes, we've both admitted this is a cultural war. We are your enemy, but the difference is we love you. We want what's best for you. ][/size][/color][color=#000000][size=4] You can try to make it impossible to get birth control. [/size][/color][color=#ff0000][size=4][ Abortion is the more important issue here. ][/size][/color]

[color=#000000][size=4]But you know what you can't do? You can't win. [/size][/color][color=#ff0000][size=4][ You sound frightened. Is everything okay? ][/size][/color][color=#000000][size=4] You can't break us. [/size][/color][color=#ff0000][size=4][ That must be why every clinic in our city, and your offices at one of the big 10 have shut down. ][/size][/color][color=#000000][size=4] Planned Parenthood isn't just a family of organizations. It's a movement. It's women and men of all ages who believe that health care — including reproductive health care — is a basic human right.[/size][/color][color=#ff0000][size=4] [ Except that abortion and contraception are not health care, and have never been. They are utilitarian conviences so you can live however you want without consequence or sacrifice. It's really a cowardly way to live. It's like a 9th grade bully walking up to a kindergartner and knocking out their teeth while stealing their milk money. You lack the balls to really help and love women, men, children, or families. ][/size][/color][color=#000000][size=4] We are millions strong. We are everywhere. We act, we give, and we do whatever it takes to make sure that Planned Parenthood is there for the women, men, and teens who rely on them. [/size][/color][color=#ff0000][size=4][ And we will keep serving the common good while you throw your money away. We love, heal, forgive, bring peace to, and treat the whole person, women, their children, and their families. Selfishness, in the end, never wins. In fact, even while your slaughter houses are open, you've still lost. That is the thing that you fail to understand. ][/size][/color]

[color=#000000][size=4]Know this: When you go after Planned Parenthood and the people they serve, you go after ME. [/size][/color][color=#ff0000][size=4][Good, we love you. Please surrender your life to Jesus Christ. ][/size][/color][color=#000000][size=4] I stand with Planned Parenthood. [/size][/color][color=#ff0000][size=4][I stand with with all human persons from conception to natural death. ][/size][/color][color=#000000][size=4] I stand with them against anyone who wants to stop women from receiving the health care they need. I stand with them today, tomorrow, and for as long as I need to. [/size][/color][color=#ff0000][size=4][ Me too, I stand with and for women and the health care they need. Abortion and contraception is never a need. ][/size][/color][/size][/font]

[quote name='Brother Adam' timestamp='1328404923' post='2381127']
[font=arial, verdana, sans-serif][size=2][color=#000000][size=4] [/size][/color][color=#ff0000][size=4][ Me too, I stand with and for women and the health care they need. Abortion and contraception is never a need. ][/size][/color][/size][/font]
[/quote]

So avvesome.

Why am I filled with rage when I read peoples posts in favor of PP. Nothing else does this to me. People are so ignorant of what women really need in terms of healthcare, and they just ignore all the damage artificial contraception is doing their bodies. Just makes me crazy.

I actually don't think what you quoted represents "vitriol." Anyone here could say something as equally passionate on this issue. Just yesterday I wrote about this with what I consider very strong language.

Reading it is stunning and infuriating - but not because its vitriolic.

[quote name='Lilllabettt' timestamp='1328414780' post='2381210']
I actually don't think what you quoted represents "vitriol." Anyone here could say something as equally passionate on this issue. Just yesterday I wrote about this with what I consider very strong language.

Reading it is stunning and infuriating - but not because its vitriolic.
[/quote]

Kind of a pointless thing to hang your hat on. But I'm going to disagree with you. It's inflammatory and caustic language. I think I'm choosing my words appropriately.

[quote name='Righteous Anger' timestamp='1328414880' post='2381211']
Now if I have a pink ribbon, what shall I do with it?
[/quote]
I still wear my pink ribbon. Komen don't own pink.

[quote name='jaime' timestamp='1328401918' post='2381086']
This is posted on their website.

[url="https://secure.ppaction.org/site/SPageServer?pagename=pp_ppol_I_Stand_with_PP_2012"]https://secure.ppact...nd_with_PP_2012[/url]
[/quote]

what about this was vitriolic?

I see some vitriol in the insinuation that pro-lifers are "anti-choice," as if we advocate for some totalitarian regime. What a stupid, stupid term to use.

Also the insinuation that being against parenthood means you hate women, or are somehow crusading against them. Oh, and that we hate poor-women even more and don't care if they get breast cancer.

And hiding behind the veiled threats of "srsly you DON'T wanna floopy with me" just ain't classy.

[quote name='Ice_nine' timestamp='1328419481' post='2381306']
I see some vitriol in the insinuation that pro-lifers are "anti-choice," as if we advocate for some totalitarian regime. What a stupid, stupid term to use.

[/quote]

But it's not vitriolic to label yourselves 'pro-life' thereby implying that the other side is 'anti-life'? Of course not. You're just utilizing propaganda to push your passions. Like this letter. Neither are vitriolic unless you're looking for a way to be offended.

Edited by Hasan

I have quite a few "pro-choice" friends who are very much against the choices that parents of large families make, even when those kids are well loved. I find pro-choice to be misleading because the only choice truly respected by so many such people is the choice to abort.

I worry that one day people in our country will decide it's in our best interests to push abortion on the population, much like they have in China. My parents have adopted many kids, two from China, and I know for sure how lucky my oldest sister is to have survived the abortion holocaust that's going on over there. I don't mean to be doom and gloom, but I really worry that this mentality will find its way to the States. I agree with you jaime that it's good that they continue posting their true thoughts on these matters.

[quote name='qfnol31' timestamp='1328420206' post='2381312']
I have quite a few "pro-choice" friends who are very much against the choices that parents of large families make, even when those kids are well loved. I find pro-choice to be misleading because the only choice truly respected by so many such people is the choice to abort.

I worry that one day people in our country will decide it's in our best interests to push abortion on the population, much like they have in China. My parents have adopted many kids, two from China, and I know for sure how lucky my oldest sister is to have survived the abortion holocaust that's going on over there. I don't mean to be doom and gloom, but I really worry that this mentality will find its way to the States. I agree with you jaime that it's good that they continue posting their true thoughts on these matters.
[/quote]

That would never happen. It doesn't even work in China. I mean it's a real policy but the authorities have a terribly difficult time enforcing it, and it's only enforced in certain areas. Totalitarianism is harder than you'd think.