An Old School Catholic Message Board

White House Honors Catholic Educators

Papist

[font="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"][color="#000000"]Just days after the HHS mandate Obama honors Catholic educators. Lovely how Obama honors Catholic educators while dishonoring their faith and leaders.[/color][/font]

[url="http://www.whitehouse.gov/champions"]http://www.whitehouse.gov/champions[/url]

I put this in debate table to save a nod from moving it there.

[quote name='Papist' timestamp='1327710173' post='2376370']
[s]Wonder if he really thinks[/s] [color=#ff0000]H[/color]e's fooling people.
[/quote]

Just saying.

[quote name='Winchester' timestamp='1327710477' post='2376371']
Yes. And he's right.
[/quote]
Yep. In a world where, to most ["]Catholics["] Obama is certainly more popular and probably more authoritative than their bishops, this will only serve to reinforce the fact that Obama is not only on the side of Catholics, but that Catholics must be permitted to use birth control, have abortions, etc. because Obama is pushing for it (and Obama only wants what's best for us, right?).

[quote name='USAirwaysIHS' timestamp='1327711663' post='2376384']
Yep. In a world where, to most ["]Catholics["] Obama is certainly more popular and probably more authoritative than their bishops, this will only serve to reinforce the fact that Obama is not only on the side of Catholics, but that Catholics must be permitted to use birth control, have abortions, etc. because Obama is pushing for it (and Obama only wants what's best for us, right?).
[/quote]

:shocking: You mean to say he's [b][i][u]NOT[/u][/i][/b] the rightful successor to the Prince of the Apostles????

[quote name='kujo' timestamp='1327711605' post='2376382']
LOL....guy really can't do anything right, can he? Even when he's doing a nice thing, you guys bash him. Hilarious.
[/quote]

I know. Yous guys deserve a "Cynic" tag...

[quote name='kujo' timestamp='1327711605' post='2376382']
LOL....guy really can't do anything right, can he? Even when he's doing a nice thing, you guys bash him. Hilarious.
[/quote]
[quote name='BigJon16' timestamp='1327712140' post='2376389']
I know. Yous guys deserve a "Cynic" tag...
[/quote]
They must've forgotten we're only to be cynical about Republican politicians.

[quote name='Socrates' timestamp='1327783857' post='2376644']
They must've forgotten we're only to be cynical about Republican politicians.
[/quote]

For the record, and I'm sure you remember this, but I am a card-carrying member for the Grand Old Party, and I'm proud to say it. I don't engage in the sort of hyperbole and demonizing of Obama and Democrats, because I feel it's unnecessary. More often than not, they are flat out wrong, and emotional language and rhetoric need not be invoked in order to point that out. I also tend to remain cognizant that, by and large, they are people trying (and failing) to do something positive for people in need.

Kujo, as someone who does indeed notice that at times people can bash liberals based on emotionalism and bias, I also think you magnify this bias to something bigger than it is. I assume you've been to other places on the internet. In terms of liberal bashing pm is pretty tame.

But do you really think Obama is making a genuine gesture of gratitude towards Catholic educators, and we are all just too blinded by our bias that we can't see when he's doing a good thing? It's pointing out hypocrisy. Doing something (the new HHS mandate) and saying another (thanks Catholic educators!) is hypocritical.

[quote name='Ice_nine' timestamp='1327807049' post='2376817']
Kujo, as someone who does indeed notice that at times people can bash liberals based on emotionalism and bias, I also think you magnify this bias to something bigger than it is. I assume you've been to other places on the internet. In terms of liberal bashing pm is pretty tame.[/quote]

I point it out when I see it. A lot of this "bias" seems to arise from the same source(s) over and over, but that's not my fault. When people are being ridiculous, I say so.

[quote]But do you really think Obama is making a genuine gesture of gratitude towards Catholic educators, and we are all just too blinded by our bias that we can't see when he's doing a good thing? It's pointing out hypocrisy. Doing something (the new HHS mandate) and saying another (thanks Catholic educators!) is hypocritical.
[/quote]

I don't think Obama is being any more or less hypocritical than every other president and politician since the dawn of time. Liberal, Republican and otherwise, they're all a bunch of insincere punks.

Servus_Mariae

[quote]I don't think Obama is being any more or less hypocritical than every other president and politician since the dawn of time. Liberal, Republican and otherwise, they're all a bunch of insincere punks[/quote]

I agree with this...but this goes against what you said above. I think its clear he really isn't doing "a nice thing". So, like you, it's worth calling out when seen.