An Old School Catholic Message Board

Does God Help Tebow Win?

dells_of_bittersweet

dells_of_bittersweet

So, in a football game, how much of the outcome is determined by the free will decisions made by the players, and how much of the outcome is decided by God? More specifically, is God helping Tim Tebow win?

Vincent Vega

Hard work is helping Tebow win. I'm certain that if God were to decide to help someone win, it would not be a Baptist.

homeschoolmom

I think that the belief that God is helping him win helps him to play better. I think prayer can help him focus better. So, is God moving His hand to help project that ball a little further? No, I don't think so. But I think Tebow's *faith* is helping him.

God made Tim Tebow. Tebow is aware of this, and consistently thanks God for all the talents and blessing that have come his way.

To turn that around and say that God roots for the Broncos or that he makes them win is to miss the point.

Yes, Tim Tebow gives God the credit for his victories. But he kneels and prays when he loses, too, doesn't he?

Everything that happens occurs within the will of God. Being grateful and acknowledging our blessings is an important part of being Christian.

[quote name='MithLuin' timestamp='1326137398' post='2365745']
God made Tim Tebow. Tebow is aware of this, and consistently thanks God for all the talents and blessing that have come his way.

To turn that around and say that God roots for the Broncos or that he makes them win is to miss the point.

Yes, Tim Tebow gives God the credit for his victories. But he kneels and prays when he loses, too, doesn't he?

Everything that happens occurs within the will of God. Being grateful and acknowledging our blessings is an important part of being Christian.
[/quote]

I agree. Saturday Night Live had a skit where they lampooned him for praying for Broncos' victories. But it wasn't really correct, it's like you say, win or lose, he always prays and thanks God for the opportunity to play, and for the lack of injuries. He knows Who made him, and he gives thanks for that, even as people assault him on all sides for being a man of faith. I find it absolutely fascinating, for instance, that the people who run the billboard saying to play him are three Muslim brothers, who acknowledge that his faith is part of why they support him. In an ever more secular world, a man who loves God and acknowledges Him in the public realm, is a rare thing.

God is help Tebow win by giving him the tools and the talent. Tebow wins b/c he is using the God given tools and talents. And is a bigger winner off the field for giving God His just props.

The bigger question is does God help Phatmass win? So I ask, in a online forum, how much of the outcome is determined by the free will decisions made by the posters, and how much of the outcome is decided by God? More specifically, is God helping Phatmass win?

with all the christians in football, prayer before the game etc, this is reminding me of medieval battles, where both sides "had God on their side"

of course, one side still wins, and the other still loses(at least less people die nowadays)

[quote name='she_who_is_not' timestamp='1326141847' post='2365826']
Can anything good come out of Florida?
[/quote]

Jim Morrison?

[quote name='she_who_is_not' timestamp='1326141847' post='2365826']
Can anything good come out of Florida?
[/quote]

Wow, thanks. <_<

[quote name='dUSt' timestamp='1326150162' post='2365928']
I think God helps the Packers and Phatmass win equally.

:packers:
[/quote]

i didn't realize that this was a packers fanland...i may have to leave.