An Old School Catholic Message Board

Non-Alcoholic Wine As Matter For Holy Communion

bernadette d

Redempionis Sacramentum:
[quote][184.] Any Catholic, whether Priest or Deacon or lay member of Christ’s faithful, has the right to lodge a complaint regarding a liturgical abuse to the diocesan Bishop or the competent Ordinary equivalent to him in law, or to the Apostolic See on account of the primacy of the Roman Pontiff. It is fitting, however, insofar as possible, that the report or complaint be submitted first to the diocesan Bishop. This is naturally to be done in truth and charity.[/quote]

This should be reported to the local bishop. Many bishops often do not seem to act on most abuses reported, but such a serious abuse as this, because non-alcoholic "wine" (ie grape juice) is invalid matter for the Eucharist, will likely be dealt with by the bishop. If not, a letter should be sent to the Holy See. First you must be sure that this is indeed what is occurring, maybe even get a picture of the source "non-alcoholic wine"'s label.

bernadette d

[quote name='Aloysius' timestamp='1325947207' post='2364428']
Redempionis Sacramentum:

This should be reported to the local bishop. Many bishops often do not seem to act on most abuses reported, but such a serious abuse as this, because non-alcoholic "wine" (ie grape juice) is invalid matter for the Eucharist, will likely be dealt with by the bishop. If not, a letter should be sent to the Holy See. First you must be sure that this is indeed what is occurring, maybe even get a picture of the source "non-alcoholic wine"'s label.
[/quote]
Thank you, I telephoned the lady concerned and passed on what you said. It is exactly what I thought but I needed confirmation. God bless.

• 2 weeks later...
Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

This is tabs friend mikki, Saint Vincent who is the patron saint of winemakers and vinegar growers can always be invoked for the wine or vinegar, use him, he loves priests too.