An Old School Catholic Message Board

A Memo From Obama

dominicansoul

I read an article in [i]The Wanderer[/i] (unfortunately, not available online) specifically detailing the U.S. government's efforts to undermine Catholic Poland's laws and attitudes regarding homosexuality. It was truly sickening (the government's actions, that is).

Think I'll start trying to learn Polish. They seem like the only Western nation that still retains some modicum of sanity.

[quote name='vee8' timestamp='1323219669' post='2345858']
Obama isnt President of the World
[/quote]

he thinks he is.....but he needs a good kick in the butt

[quote name='Hasan' timestamp='1323196271' post='2345600']

Someday I hope you have to live in a country where any sexual activity that does not involve contraception is outlawed and partnerships between Catholics are deemed legal. Maybe when you have to worry about going to jail, or your friends going to jail, or your grown children going to jail for being sexually intimate with whoever they love, or your children being beaten, or your children being mocked and excluded until they feel like the only way to end the pain is to end their lives, then maybe you'll think twice before wishing this fate on individuals who have done no harm whatsoever to you. How dare you. You should be ashamed of yourself and your sick compulsion to deny basic rights to and stigmatize individuals who have done no harm to you and whose lives you know nothing about.
[/quote]

[img]http://www.salvomag.com/new/images/fakeads/itllgetworse.jpg[/img]

[quote name='Norseman82' timestamp='1323224954' post='2346033']

[/quote]

Implying that all LGBT people feel this way is ridiculous. The campaign is misguided, yes, but I don't understand what point you're trying to make here.

Also i think obama spends too much time in front of the mirror admiring himself more he does for the country..except for ruining our country

Basilisa Marie

I was reading something on Tumblr today and noticed that even a lot of "pro-gay rights" people are against what's being said in this memo. Granted, it's because they think Obama needs to do more for their movement in the country before looking abroad. But it shows that even "pro-gay rights" people are recognizing that this is just a talking point for his stump speeches in the coming months.

[quote name='Nola Seminarian' timestamp='1323206901' post='2345741']

why would that be, because you say it is?
[/quote]

you dont know anything about Uganda, do you?

and that would be for the same reason that the government shouldnt be allowed to make masturbation, premarital sex, or contraception illegal. aside from the fact that the majority of the church goers would end up in prison alongside "the evil gays" i doubt the Church would support such an invasive government.

and no that is not granting them "rights" that dont exist, like you might say for gay marriage.

missionseeker

[quote name='Socrates' timestamp='1323217671' post='2345831']
I read an article in [i]The Wanderer[/i] (unfortunately, not available online) specifically detailing the U.S. government's efforts to undermine Catholic Poland's laws and attitudes regarding homosexuality. It was truly sickening (the government's actions, that is).

Think I'll start trying to learn Polish. They seem like the only Western nation that still retains some modicum of sanity.
[/quote]
Malta. Don't forget Malta

dominicansoul

[quote name='Jesus_lol' timestamp='1323334725' post='2347228']

you dont know anything about Uganda, do you?

and that would be for the same reason that the government shouldnt be allowed to make masturbation, premarital sex, or contraception illegal. aside from the fact that the majority of the church goers would end up in prison alongside "the evil gays" i doubt the Church would support such an invasive government.

and no that is not granting them "rights" that dont exist, like you might say for gay marriage.
[/quote]

The Church doesn't see gays as "evil", in fact, we are probably the largest institution in the world who call for their respect...

The Church sees sin as evil. Don't keep messing up the two.

People feel so strongly against the government legislating morality, yet those same people don't give a beaver dam when the government legislates immorality...

Basilisa Marie

[quote name='dominicansoul' timestamp='1323344134' post='2347237']

People feel so strongly against the government legislating morality, yet those same people don't give a beaver dam when the government legislates immorality...
[/quote]

I think part of the reason for that is that people hate being told what to do. Catholic freedom is so different than the secular notion of freedom.

[quote name='Norseman82' timestamp='1323224954' post='2346033']

[/quote]

I was going to just advise you that maybe Christianity would get more respect if American Christians would stop acting like whiny little beeshes constantly pretending that they are a persecuted minority while living in a nation that overwhelmingly identifies as Christian and views Christianity as the optimal moral code by which to live. But instead I'll go to the empirical. How many teenagers committed suicide this year because they were so severely bullied for being Christian? Given your whiny, self-pitying sign the numbers must be significant?