An Old School Catholic Message Board

Templars

arfink

Are the illest!

[img]https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-E43W5HyfREg/TthFfhefjEI/AAAAAAAABFg/gy_opYhGkT8/s800/templars.png[/img]

FIRE UP THE FLAME MACHINE! I FEEL INTENSE DEBATE COMING MY WAY.

All I know is that the Church gets blamed for their persecution, and it was the French King's fault actually. He didn't want to pay his debt to them.

[quote name='CatherineM' timestamp='1322796703' post='2343521']
All I know is that the Church gets blamed for their persecution, and it was the French King's fault actually. He didn't want to pay his debt to them.
[/quote]

IDGI. This is clearly about their dance skills, and has nothing to do with any silly French people. :bananarap:

Actually the Knights Templar have been reorganized. when they were dissolved, some of their castles were given to the Hospitallers. One of those castles was later transformed into a simple farmhouse. It remained in a single family for a couple hundred years. One family member has now rerganized the Tempplars using that house as its headquarters. Some of them have been here at Christ in the desert a couple times. Our abbot is a sort of "protector" for them. The follow the Templar's old Rule and wear the same kind of habit. Traddies will be interested to learn that their priests offer mass in the EF.

They are the Militia Templi. There was a phatmasser that was thinking about joining them, not sure if he did or not. They probably don't dance though.