An Old School Catholic Message Board

Welfare & Birth Control

Lil Red

33 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

All life is sacred. Even if its irresponsible of the parents to create it.

And even then, it isn't really my place to judge...

InPersonaChriste

Also as another point,
A woman's uterus is stripped of its natural substance when they take birth control, and all of the estrogen that is pumped into the woman cannot be processed. Therefore it goes straight through the body and we get estrogen in our water that cannot be fi.ltered by our normal fil.tering system (there are also quite a few drugs that can't but I won't list them here).

Women in the UK who want to get pregnant have been told not to drink tap water because of how much estrogen is actually in the water. So even if people don't believe in life being sacred, we can still argue here that having more women on Birth Control is going to:

1. Decrease our fresh water or our money (because we could fil.ter it, it just costs a lot of money to buy the insanely amazing fiddlers)
2. Make the woman's life expectancy a lot lower because of how bad Birth Control is for you.

Sorry if any of this sounds a little on the harsh side, I just wanted to bring in more perspective.

People must start respecting life, because we are making the future one hell hole (metaphorically speaking).

Edited by InPersonaChriste

Archaeology cat

[quote name='InPersonaChriste' timestamp='1323238811' post='2346308']

Women in the UK who want to get pregnant have been told not to drink tap water because of how much estrogen is actually in the water. ).[/quote]

Can't say I heard that one when living there, but then, I never asked the GP or midwife about that. I don't doubt the oestrogen in the water, just surprised they would talk about it, I guess.

Archaeology cat

[quote name='Archaeology cat' timestamp='1323258821' post='2346345']

Can't say I heard that one when living there, but then, I never asked the GP or midwife about that. I don't doubt the oestrogen in the water, just surprised they would talk about it, I guess.[/quote]

Yeah, can't find anything on the NHS site (bearing in mind I haven't been awake long); just found something in the Daily Mail and Sun about potentially increasing mail fertility by not drinking tap water. I agree that it's horrible all these drugs aren't filtered out of the water supply, of course.

There is good reason to believe that the pill affects fertility. It has already been shown to in fish and also to cause deformities in them.

http://bluelivingideas.com/2010/04/12/birth-control-pill-threatens-fish-reproduction/

Archaeology cat

[quote name='thessalonian' timestamp='1323290106' post='2346729']There is good reason to believe that the pill affects fertility. It has already been shown to in fish and also to cause deformities in them.

http://bluelivingideas.com/2010/04/12/birth-control-pill-threatens-fish-reproduction/[/quote] I wouldn't be surprised, just pointing out that the NHS doesn't seem to talk about it. But it stands to reason that constant exposure to synthetic hormones will affect fertility. I mean, soy, which mimics oestrogen, affects fertility to a degree, so surely the synthetic hormones also do so.