An Old School Catholic Message Board

Legality

musturde

[quote name='musturde' timestamp='1320791359' post='2333380']
Do you think contraception should be illegal?
[/quote]

Yes it should totally be illegal, and birth control and sex outside of marriage.....etc :offtopic:

Edited by i<3LSOP

[quote name='i<3LSOP' timestamp='1320803144' post='2333473']

Yes it should totally be illegal, and birth control and sex outside of marriage.....etc :offtopic:
[/quote]
lol, it's not off topic. You mentioned contraception so I asked out of curiosity.

[quote name='musturde' timestamp='1320808523' post='2333539']
lol, it's not off topic. You mentioned contraception so I asked out of curiosity.
[/quote]

:)

[quote name='musturde' timestamp='1320791482' post='2333381']
Sorry, I didn't have my coffee when i responded to you. How about Adderall? I have an example explained for it in the last page or so. It's a better example because it's not illegal.
[/quote]
That is up to the medical professionals for the need of Adderall. However, I have my skepticism for how ADHD is diagnosed.

[quote name='i<3LSOP' timestamp='1320849822' post='2333717']
I was wondering Papist and musturde how you feel on abortion, contraception.... etc.
[/quote]

I do not agree with abortion. I don't know If I could say I would support a complete ban on all forms of contraception. There are methods of preventing conception that can't be stopped by the state (I don't think I can go into all of them without sounding crude). What further confuses me on this subject is that a Cardinal nominated to be the Pope was openly in favor of dropping condoms over areas of Africa.

Edited by musturde

Hey musturde,

It's okay, I understand about how there are "methods of preventing conception that can't be stopped by the state." Personally, my family and I think that all Priests, Bishops, Cardinals, and the Pope should not believe in abortion, contraception... I think that even in Africa were there is a good chance of STD that no one should use birth control, condoms..... (let's not get to graphic)
Put it this way, in my opinion, I think that sex should be inside marriage because that is what the Church teaches and I believe whatever my beloved church says. Here it is straight from the Church, “According to God’s will husband and wife should encounter each other in bodily union so as to be united ever more deeply with one another in love and to allow children to procede from that love” (2362-2367)
That is why condoms, birth control… is all wrong, even outside of marriage. Sex really isn’t for pleasure.

Suggestion, don’t get me started on sexting. :|

[quote name='i<3LSOP' timestamp='1320882973' post='2333991']
It's okay, I understand about how there are "methods of preventing conception that can't be stopped by the state." Personally, my family and I think that all Priests, Bishops, Cardinals, and the Pope should not believe in abortion, contraception... I think that even in Africa were there is a good chance of STD that no one should use birth control, condoms..... (let's not get to graphic)[/quote]
This is where I was confused. Is the Church for the legal ban of condoms? If so, wouldn't this Cardinal have gotten some sort of scolding for openly suggesting this idea?
[quote]Put it this way, in my opinion, I think that sex should be inside marriage because that is what the Church teaches and I believe whatever my beloved church says. Here it is straight from the Church, “According to God’s will husband and wife should encounter each other in bodily union so as to be united ever more deeply with one another in love and to allow children to procede from that love” (2362-2367)
That is why condoms, birth control… is all wrong, even outside of marriage. Sex really isn’t for pleasure.

Suggestion, don’t get me started on sexting. :|
[/quote]
I always thought that condoms were wrong because they interfere with sex's purposes of unity and procreation. If i'm not mistaken,the pleasure of sex isn't bad, it's part of the unity aspect of it. I believe JP2 even allowed for female masturbation before sex if it was to help the woman climax.

[quote name='musturde' timestamp='1320888236' post='2334048']
This is where I was confused. Is the Church for the legal ban of condoms? If so, wouldn't this Cardinal have gotten some sort of scolding for openly suggesting this idea?

I always thought that condoms were wrong because they interfere with sex's purposes of unity and procreation. If i'm not mistaken,the pleasure of sex isn't bad, it's part of the unity aspect of it. I believe JP2 even allowed for female masturbation before sex if it was to help the woman climax.
[/quote]

Yes, what I meant by the pleasure of sex was doing it for fun, or yourself, not your spouse...