An Old School Catholic Message Board

Catholic University Of America Discriminating Against Muslims

add

[quote name='Mark of the Cross' timestamp='1320183759' post='2329946']
Aren't you doing the same thing? At every mention of Muslims you start whining? Certainly there are imbalances, for example no new churches in Malaysia, so Christians have to convert old buildings. But your [b]total discrimination[/b] of a particular group of people based on a distorted view through a donkeys eye is obvious. (reference to an old avatar) The thing you're missing is that Christianity is the truth because of it's teachings of love, fairness and friendship toward each individual rather than a judgement based on an entire group. The gist of the thread is that there are people who will do things to stir up hatred of Muslims. I think it goes without saying that people with even a mediocre level of intelligence should be able to see that, unless they prefer to lie in order to push a wheel barrow.
[/quote]

Christianity is true because of Jesus Christ, Son of God, Savior. It has nothing to do with the doctrine of fairness (Matthew 20:1-16). It has to do with love only in as much as we are talking about Caritas not the fluffy kind that wants to deny sin and false idols, and friendship only as much as we are seeking conversion, which is true love.

Mark of the Cross

[quote name='Brother Adam' timestamp='1320265705' post='2330417']

Christianity is true because of Jesus Christ, Son of God, Savior. It has nothing to do with the doctrine of fairness (Matthew 20:1-16). It has to do with love only in as much as we are talking about Caritas not the fluffy kind that wants to deny sin and false idols, and friendship only as much as we are seeking conversion, which is true love.
[/quote]
I think you're talking about something else. Jesus taught to love your neighbour but there is no mention of loving all neighbours equally. If I want to mow the lawn of my left neighbour I don't have to mow the lawn of my right neighbour is essentially what that scripture is teaching. By fairness I meant that if your neighbour doesn't like you then you can ignore him ( treat him as a tax collector). If he wants to kill you then you may use lethal force if necessary to defend yourself. This is fair treatment based on your neighbours attitude.
With regard to deny sin or false idols, I don't know where you picked that up. But If God had wanted us to be angels he would have made us such, instead he made us with defects so that we could learn to overcome them. This is accepting that we are prone to sin, but it is not denying that they are wrong or that we need healing. Do you think God is so silly that he expects us to be pure and sinless? If I build a table I am not expecting it to be a perfect chair. As for false idols all I can say is ??? what?

Mark of the Cross

[quote name='mortify' timestamp='1320208248' post='2330143']

Oh so that's the reason!
[/quote]
Oh Okay, I need to spell things out. It's a reason and a minor one. The main reason is that Jesus is God and is our saviour! Hope that satisfies!

True Christian charity does not demand that we love error and falsehood, as is found in false religions. Christian charity towards those deceived by the lies of the false prophet Mohammed does not demand that we love Islam anymore than Christian charity to people in North Korea demands that we love Communism.

Basilisa Marie

[quote name='Socrates' timestamp='1320359401' post='2330948']
True Christian charity does not demand that we love error and falsehood, as is found in false religions. Christian charity towards those deceived by the lies of the false prophet Mohammed does not demand that we love Islam anymore than Christian charity to people in North Korea demands that we love Communism.
[/quote]

It just seemed like the attitude presented by you was pretty disrespectful. Nostra Aetate, anyone?

Mark of the Cross

[quote name='Basilisa Marie' timestamp='1320362030' post='2330970']

It just seemed like the attitude presented by you was pretty disrespectful. Nostra Aetate, anyone?
[/quote]
Socrates Church militant tag is only valid on Tuesdays! The rest of the time he's not.