An Old School Catholic Message Board

Is It A Sin If...

pinstripes

same question as the first post  

18 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Lil Red it's all good :D I'm just bein a liberal punk, and it's not just wages that I was alluding to, but, well, acurate coverage would be something else along with a bunch of other stuff. I love the Paul VI quote! :peace:

crusader1234

M.SIGGA do you mean Liberal in the political sense or liberal in your definition of poor working conditions. I dont think its even close to being fair to compare slaves in Africa to miners in North America.

Crusader1234, you claim that buying a conflict diamond is a mortal sin, but do you not think that voting for someone who is pro-abortion, disobedient, etc, etc, etc is a mortal sin?

Crusader_4

I say it is. Voting for a Pro-abortion person who you know is takes that stance only encourages more abortions and you are helping to make it possible therefore a mortal sin.

Crusader_4, the reason I posted that question is that it appears that Crusader1234's photograph is one of John Kerry. For this reason, I asked him why he believed that buying a diamond is a mortal sin but that supporting a man who is pro-abortion and will (hopefully) soon be excommunicated is not. The problem with excommunicating Kerry is that when one is formally executed, he is forbidden to even enter a Catholic church and is not allowed to associate with Catholics (neither are Catholics permitted to associate with him), but, in the case of John Kerry, many people will be disobedient to this fact. The current situation, however, is much worse. It seems that the only solution to the problem would be execution, but this is not possible because of our secular government--too bad. God bless.

crusader1234

hey amarkrich... sorry you dont get my sense of humour. in the same way that people see the whole 'jesus is my homeboy' tshirt a slap in the face to catholics, my kerry picture is a joke. im definately pro life... dont worry. sorry for the confusion. but i sitll think that buying a conflict diamond is a big fat mortal sin

Crusader_4

You really have to learn Crusader1234's dark sense of humour he is a devout Catholic through and through so dont worry about stuff like that.

• 6 years later...
Semper Catholic

There's a reason they're called BLOOD DIAMONDS.

If you're going to get a diamond anything, you should make it a point to research and ask to make sure you're buying Non-Conflict Diamonds.

It has nothing to with being religious, and a lot more with being a good person.

Jesus_lol

why not just get another type of gemstone? they are generally much better than diamonds, and actually worth something unlike the falsely corporate generated "worth" of diamonds. and the fakes are identical in every single way.

ardillacid

Why even get gems? They have no practical value. Most people can't tell the difference between a diamond and a well cut piece of glass, so it's not about beauty. I say buy your loved one something useful, like a dairy cow.

Nihil Obstat

[quote name='Jesus_lol' date='09 May 2010 - 01:13 AM' timestamp='1273385622' post='2107556']
why not just get another type of gemstone? they are generally much better than diamonds, and actually worth something unlike the falsely corporate generated "worth" of diamonds. and the fakes are identical in every single way.
[/quote]
Lol, I'm forced to agree. Although diamonds do look kewl.