An Old School Catholic Message Board

Republicans Called To Camera 3

Mr.Cat

[url="http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/mon-september-26-2011/indecision-2012---the-great-right-hope---the-gop-finds-another-ideal-candidate"]Daily Show picks on number of Republican primary candidates and debate[/url]

I want a conservative, republican, tea party ([i]or whatever affiliation is more appropriate[/i]) response. Because I have the same feeling to the Republican debates recently.

[i]Camera 3 is a daily show tradition when Jon feels compelled to speak to a specific group of people about a specific issue.[/i]

Edited by Mr.Cat

Ron Paul had a great interview with Stewart on that same show. He explained very well that individual states should be free to be as big government or as small government as they like, that local governments could be as pro-regulation or not as they want, but the Federal Government should follow the constitution and should cede much of its current power back to the states.

the only authentic conservative "tea party" response should be: we have been wrong about bachman and perry and christi, we should have been saying "Ron Paul" all along.

[quote name='Aloysius' timestamp='1317135620' post='2310992']Ron Paul had a great interview with Stewart on that same show. He explained very well that individual states should be free to be as big government or as small government as they like, that local governments could be as pro-regulation or not as they want, but the Federal Government should follow the constitution and should cede much of its current power back to the states.

the only authentic conservative "tea party" response should be: we have been wrong about bachman and perry and christi, we should have been saying "Ron Paul" all along.[/quote]Does the Tea Party movement see itself as independent of the Republican Party?

But considering Ron Paul is basically the grandfather of the tea party movement, I will accept your reply as valid... but incomplete. Do you think you could elaborate on the seeming conflicts in the identity of the Republican party?

Because that is the impression I have of the Republican party, their identity is fracturing with their credibility and reputation, slowly... as more candidates are added. It's almost like the insanity of Rick Perry is making other candidates look saner by comparison. So while I appreciate Ron Paul, Doctor No, maybe what you need to do is get his podium between Romney and Perry. So people will at least see him and people and remember, "[i]Wow, at least hes not that insane.[/i]"

Edited by Mr.Cat

dairygirl4u2c

So people will at least see him and people and remember, "[i]Wow, at least hes not that insane.[/i]"
yes, that encapsulates romney very well, vis a vis all the other republican quacks an such, at the debates.