An Old School Catholic Message Board

United Nations Moratorium On The Death Penalty

Mr.Cat

Public poll  

23 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

[quote name='icelisou68' timestamp='1316965547' post='2309746']
I strongly oppose the death penalty but I do not think the US's vote casts a shadow on their international status. I think the international opinion has gotten sort of used to the idea that the US uses the death penalty and that this issue does not strongly influence their view of the country.
[/quote]

so what you are saying is, the USA has already set the bar so low, that its hard to make people think worse of it? lol

[quote name='ardillacid' timestamp='1317093348' post='2310766']
The death penalty is not expensive at all unless you make it that way.
[/quote]

and its not moral at all, if you do it differently. i cant imagine removing due process, expediting executions and killing more innocent people would be considered the moral or christian option.

KnightofChrist

The UN is a joke. On one hand their against Capital Punishment on the other it in many ways has supported China's forced abortion policy.

A whole sell world wide moratorium on Capital Punishment would be a grave injustice and an act of paramount disobedience to the fifth commandment.

Edited by KnightofChrist

Even though involuntary abortion and sterilization was supposedly criminalized in 2002 and the one-child policy supposedly expires this year.

But your god has been a shinning example on this not killing thing. [quote]2 Samuel 12:11-15

Thus saith the Lord: Behold, [u]I[/u] will raise up evil against thee out of thy own house, [u]and I will take thy wives before thy eyes I and give them to thy neighhour, and he shall lie with thy wives in the sight of this sun[/u]. For thou didst it secretly: but I will do this thing in the sight of all Israel, and in the sight of the sun. And David said to Nathan: I have sinned against the Lord. And Nathan said to David: The Lord also hath taken away thy sin: thou shalt not die. [u]Nevertheless, because thou hast given occasion to the enemies of the Lord to blaspheme, for this thing, the child that is born to thee, shall surely die. [/u] And Nathan returned to his house. [b]The Lord also struck the child which the wife of Urias had borne to David, and his life was despaired of.[/b][/quote]So yeah... I have a hard time accepting your god and morality as a credible objection to the despicable one-child policy of communist China. The god that commanded a man's wife be raped in the middle of everyone and that his child be killed. Because of something he did, not them. His wife and child were innocent.

[quote name='Mr.Cat' timestamp='1317159494' post='2311183']
[color=#008000][b]I [/b][/color][b][color=#00ff00]a[/color][color=#006400]p[/color][color=#ffa500]o[/color][color=#a52a2a]l[/color][color=#800000]o[/color][color=#b22222]g[/color][color=#ff0000]i[/color][color=#ffa07a]z[/color][color=#8b4513]e[/color][color=#FFA500].[/color][/b]
[/quote]

that's purdy