An Old School Catholic Message Board

Novena To St Therese- Yes It's Time Again

vee

:flowers:

Day four

O Little Therese of the Child Jesus, please pick for me a rose from the heavenly gardens and send it to me as a message of love.
O Little Flower of Jesus, ask God today to grant the favors I now place with confidence in your hands .... (Mention specific requests).
St. Therese, help me to always believe as you did, in God's great love for me, so that I might imitate your "Little Way" each day. Amen.

FutureSister2009

This is how I will be spending St. Therese's Feast Day: We have a Habitat for Humanity trip going on that morning and since I missed the first one, I'm going to this one. It's going to be pretty early in the morning and this is the third Saturday in a row I've had to get up early for something but it's a sacrifice I'm going to make and I will offer it up for these people who need homes. I'm sure St. Therese is going to be proud of me. I'll be spending the rest of the day praying and loving one of my favorite Saints. :love:

I think I will go to Confession, Mass, and then drink my fav French beer if I can find it. Maybe I'll have an eclair too.

[img]http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-k9FuwG4LlRE/TgKAZvEAUZI/AAAAAAAAd5E/aBBUp9zd2Bo/s1600/6a00e008d618bb8834011278dedec228a4-500wi.jpg[/img]

:nun2:

Day five

O Little Therese of the Child Jesus, please pick for me a rose from the heavenly gardens and send it to me as a message of love.
O Little Flower of Jesus, ask God today to grant the favors I now place with confidence in your hands .... (Mention specific requests).
St. Therese, help me to always believe as you did, in God's great love for me, so that I might imitate your "Little Way" each day. Amen.

[quote name='vee8' timestamp='1317067694' post='2310581']
I think I will go to Confession, Mass, and then drink my fav French beer if I can find it. Maybe I'll have an eclair too.

[img]http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-k9FuwG4LlRE/TgKAZvEAUZI/AAAAAAAAd5E/aBBUp9zd2Bo/s1600/6a00e008d618bb8834011278dedec228a4-500wi.jpg[/img]
[/quote]

I think I might do that too, in her honour of course! The pain of the dairy will be my penance :hehe2: :saint2:

:pray:

Day six

[quote name='faithcecelia' timestamp='1317152224' post='2311138']

I think I might do that too, in her honour of course! The pain of the dairy will be my penance :hehe2: :saint2:
[/quote]

The suffering caused by eating chocolate will be mine lol! :topsy:

IgnatiusofLoyola

Vee8--I prayed the novena to St. Therese last year. (Yes, all nine days, and I didn't miss a day.) And, no answer. Certainly, nothing good happened. It was (among the many) bad years of my life. You promised me that Therese likes tough problems. Do you think she heard what I said about her so decided to let me (continue to) suffer?

:french: :nun:
Day seven

i<3franciscans

[quote name='i<3LSOP' timestamp='1317235697' post='2311775']
On her feast day I'm going down to the Little Sisters of the Poor home... coincidence ;p
[/quote]
I think not...

[quote name='IgnatiusofLoyola' timestamp='1317228819' post='2311736']
Vee8--I prayed the novena to St. Therese last year. (Yes, all nine days, and I didn't miss a day.) And, no answer. Certainly, nothing good happened. It was (among the many) bad years of my life. You promised me that Therese likes tough problems. Do you think she heard what I said about her so decided to let me (continue to) suffer?
[/quote]

aaaww iggy :console: Sometimes God seems silent, like He didnt answer but I think it will only be in heaven that we will know the full extent of the whys, like why a particular prayer wasnt answered the way we wanted it. You could pray and ask God why He didnt seem to respond favorably to the novena although it may only be in hindsight a couple of years form now that you see what He was doing at this time. I know that happens with me that while Im in the situation and God seems silent I have to wait months or years to see what He was really doing there. I do know He never ever leaves, even if it seems like it, which is why I like psalm 139 especially this part
Where can I go from your Spirit?
Where can I flee from your presence?
[sup]8[/sup] If I go up to the heavens, you are there;
if I make my bed in the depths, you are there.
[sup]9[/sup] If I rise on the wings of the dawn,
if I settle on the far side of the sea,
[sup]10[/sup] even there your hand will guide me,
your right hand will hold me fast.
[sup]11[/sup] If I say, “Surely the darkness will hide me
and the light become night around me,”
[sup]12[/sup] even the darkness will not be dark to you;
the night will shine like the day,
for darkness is as light to you.

Day eight

[size=8]day nine!![/size] :french: :nun: :flowers:

:nun2: :nun2: :nun2:

[size=8]happy feast!!![/size]