An Old School Catholic Message Board

Religious Life Poetry

Lisa

Found on the passionist nuns' site:[center] A nun is a woman[/center][center] Who believes in the Absolute[/center][center] and aarrr and aarrr arises in search of it,[/center][center] Laughin' at all who[/center][center] Speak of the impossibility of it,[/center]

[center] For a woman, who is a nun,[/center][center] Knows that the impossible[/center][center] Becomes the possible in a matter of seconds,[/center][center] At the biddin' of her Beloved[/center]

[center] A nun is a woman who has become mad,[/center][center] Totally, irrevocably mad![/center][center] For she has accepted[/center][center] The stand aarrrard of God’s wisdom[/center][center] Which is in truth folly to man.[/center]

[center] A nun is a woman[/center][center] Hangin' on the other[/center][center] Side of His cross[/center][center] Knowin' that it becomes[/center][center] His marriage bed with her[/center][center] The moment she asks[/center][center] “To be lifted up” with Him.[/center]

[center] A nun is a woman[/center][center] Of the water and aarrr the towel[/center][center] Constantly kneelin' before[/center][center] Mankind to wash its[/center][center] Tired feet.[/center]

[center] A nun is a woman[/center][center] In love with God – hence with all humanity[/center][center] Always…constantly…totally![/center]

[center] A nun is a prayer -[/center][center] Everlastin'ly liftin' her arms to God[/center][center] For those who don’t.[/center]

[center] A nun is a woman[/center][center] Who fasts[/center][center] Knowin' well how fast fast reaches[/center][center] The heart of God![/center]

[center] A nun is a woman[/center][center] Wrapped in the[/center][center] Poverty of God,[/center][center] The mantle of[/center][center] His surrender, His emptyin'![/center]

[center] A nun is a woman[/center][center] Who exists[/center][center] To show that God exists too.[/center]

[center]~ Catherine de Hueck Doherty[/center]

Edited by Lisa

[quote name='Lisa' timestamp='1316452376' post='2307031']
the pirate fiddler really destroyed this poem. Will repost tomorrow. :)
[/quote]

It brought a big smile to me face though to imagine a piratenun or even nunpirate :hehe2:

[quote name='Lisa' timestamp='1316452376' post='2307031']
the pirate fiddler really destroyed this poem. Will repost tomorrow. :)
[/quote]

I be wonderin' what be up with the poem, as the Passionists don't usually say "arrrrrrrrrrr" :) :nun:

[quote name='LaPetiteSoeur' timestamp='1316452548' post='2307036']

Passionists don't usually say "arrrrrrrrrrr"
[/quote]

dUSt should use that as one of the taglines!

i<3franciscans

This made me laugh. I loved it anyway. Plus I be recently Captain Hook in a play, so now this has a special place in me heart. rotfl

IgnatiusofLoyola

Strangely (or maybe it's not so strange), many of me posts seem to be BETTER in pirate talk. (Although one day is plenty.)

[font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif][size=5] [/size][/font]
[font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif][size=5] [/size][/font][font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif][b][color=#333333][size=4] [size=5]Per Pacem Ad Lucem[/size][/size][/color][/b][size=5] [/size][/font]

[font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif][size=5] I do not ask, O Lord, that thou should shed[/size][/font]
[font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif][size=5] Full radiance here;[/size][/font]
[font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif][size=5] Give but a ray of peace, that I may tread[/size][/font]
[font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif][size=5] Without a fear.[/size][/font]
[font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif][size=5] I do not ask my cross to understand,[/size][/font]
[font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif][size=5] My way to see;[/size][/font]
[font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif][size=5] Better in darkness just to feel Thy hand[/size][/font]
[font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif][size=5] And follow Thee.[/size][/font]
[font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif][size=5] Joy is like restless day; but peace divine[/size][/font]
[font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif][size=5] Like quiet night:[/size][/font]
[font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif][size=5] Lead me, O Lord,—till perfect Day shall shine,[/size][/font]
[font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif][size=5] Through Peace to Light. [/size][/font]
[font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif][size=5]From a poem by Adelaide Proctor[/size][/font]

Edited by TIWW