An Old School Catholic Message Board

Do Any Of You Know Any Little Sisters Of The Poor?!

i<3LSOP

[quote name='i<3LSOP' timestamp='1316811879' post='2309018']

Aww! You were lucky! Did you get to go begging with them? :)
[/quote]

No, I wasn't able to! But I did collect donations with one of the sisters (on accident). I was visiting my friend who was then recently ordained a deacon, and one of the sisters was there begging. I went up to say hello to her and she kindly asked me to hold a basket :) I have considered discerning with them, but I am far, far from making any decisions or discerning seriously with a particular order. You should definitely discern with them though...such an incredible order!

Also, I think they may still have summer live-ins available to discerners, if you're interested!

I<3LSOP...do you know when the aspirants enter? I made a dear friend at a discernment retreat who was considering entering with the LSOP...I lost touch with her but I'm wondering if she's entering this year.

i<3franciscans

[quote name='i<3LSOP' timestamp='1316386831' post='2306473']
Hi Ya'll!

I was just wondering if you knew any Little Sisters of the Poor! I am a volunteer at the home in Latham and go every Tuesday with some of my friends! I simply love them! They're all so great! I was especially wondering if you might know, Sr. Mary Grace (who sadly moved down to the home in Queens) :( or if you know Sr. Joan!? If you do............... well that would be sooooo coooollll!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :woot:

P.s. i<3franciscans..... this one is not fair for you...
[/quote]
What do you want to know about them?? LOL miss u!!!!!

[quote name='LadyOfSorrows' timestamp='1316899102' post='2309349']

No, I wasn't able to! But I did collect donations with one of the sisters (on accident). I was visiting my friend who was then recently ordained a deacon, and one of the sisters was there begging. I went up to say hello to her and she kindly asked me to hold a basket :) I have considered discerning with them, but I am far, far from making any decisions or discerning seriously with a particular order. You should definitely discern with them though...such an incredible order!

Also, I think they may still have summer live-ins available to discerners, if you're interested!
[/quote]

Ohhh... I'm way to young to go in the summer time! Unless they like crazy kids between the age of 11 and 15 :...:

I am praying so hard though that I will get to go to Queens this year! :woot:

[quote name='i<3franciscans' timestamp='1316970865' post='2309776']
What do you want to know about them?? LOL miss u!!!!!
[/quote]

:) LOL!

Edited by i<3LSOP

[quote name='LadyOfSorrows' timestamp='1316899234' post='2309352']
I<3LSOP...do you know when the aspirants enter? I made a dear friend at a discernment retreat who was considering entering with the LSOP...I lost touch with her but I'm wondering if she's entering this year.
[/quote]

I don't know that at all... I'm so sorry! I have limited knowledge on them even though I volunteer there a lot!!:)

[quote name='Mary's Margaret' timestamp='1316888995' post='2309297']
i<3LSOP: I will definitely keep your friend's sister in prayer. May she find peace and surety in God's call.
[/quote]

Thanks!!!

[quote name='LadyOfSorrows' timestamp='1316529919' post='2307589']
I know all of the sisters in DC! I spent a summer there volunteering and it was one of the most wonderful experiences of my life. Sr. Camille Rose is just delightful...as well as Sr. Bernadette, Sr. Janet...I also know a novice in NY. :) Wonderful order!
[/quote]

Did you get to see any of their rooms, or well sorry but bathrooms?!? :paperbag:

No, their rooms are in the cloistered part of the convent :) Keep volunteering with them and loving Jesus and one day you may be able to stay a summer!

So then LadyOfSorrows you didn't stay on the convent floor? I went up once to help a Sister carry something up and (oh well actually twice) to practice my violin with one of the Sisters! When I did go up to help one of the Sisters the other Sister in the elevator was rather horrified! :hehe2: I wouldn't stop volunteering ever so I could have a chance to go in the summer when I'm older! :)

i<3franciscans

[quote name='LadyOfSorrows' timestamp='1316899234' post='2309352']
[/quote]
Hello! I don't mean to butt in here, but to answer your question they enter on the 4 of October!!! I don't know your friends name, but I know that there is a Mary and an Elizabeth and a Susan and a Maria Carmin(???) entering.... there are six in all but I don't remember the other two.

[quote name='i<3franciscans' timestamp='1317223719' post='2311687']
Hello! I don't mean to butt in here, but to answer your question they enter on the 4 of October!!! I don't know your friends name, but I know that there is a Mary and an Elizabeth and a Susan and a Maria Carmin(???) entering.... there are six in all but I don't remember the other two.
[/quote]

Yeah.... knew you would do that ;)

Edited by i<3LSOP