An Old School Catholic Message Board

Do Any Of You Know Any Little Sisters Of The Poor?!

i<3LSOP

Hi Ya'll!

I was just wondering if you knew any Little Sisters of the Poor! I am a volunteer at the home in Latham and go every Tuesday with some of my friends! I simply love them! They're all so great! I was especially wondering if you might know, Sr. Mary Grace (who sadly moved down to the home in Queens) :( or if you know Sr. Joan!? If you do............... well that would be sooooo coooollll!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :woot:

P.s. i<3franciscans..... this one is not fair for you...

Chiara Francesco

I don't know her personally but a PM member, "littlesister" (I think that is her name), is a Little Sister of the Poor. She may show up and post here for you! Or you can find her name a message her.

[quote name='TheresaThoma' timestamp='1316395849' post='2306555']
I know some of the Sisters from the Kansas City home and aarrr aarrr the Denver (Mullen) home. I absolutely love them!
[/quote]

On me dads business trip in Denver we visited the Mullen Home!!! It be gorgeous thar! All of the Sisters were soooo welcomin' too! :)

Edited by i<3LSOP

I know some of the Indy sisters and aarrr met the St. Louis ones over Labor Day! What an amazin' group!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bw-STm3VEGA&feature=player_embedded#!

Mary's Margaret

Absolutely beautiful. Thank-you matey, Lisa, for postin' that video. It's given me a boost for me own work. I pray their community is receivin' vocations to carry on their good works.

Lisa, thank you for posting that video! I know the student volunteer that is in the video!!!! I haven't seen her for a while now so to hear her voice was wonderful.

[quote name='Mary's Margaret' timestamp='1316468769' post='2307206']
How did me message get translated into....whatever that be? :crazy: " Matey"?.... I didn't type that!!! :stubborn:
[/quote]

I had the same confusion. I dont pretend to understand anything about how its done. But what you type can be amended so that you are 'talking like a pirate'. There is a thread with the title something about "Talk like a pirate" It may or may not still be applying, this post on a preview looked ok.
:crazy:'Precisely! :crazy:

I know all of the sisters in DC! I spent a summer there volunteering and it was one of the most wonderful experiences of my life. Sr. Camille Rose is just delightful...as well as Sr. Bernadette, Sr. Janet...I also know a novice in NY. :) Wonderful order!

Awwww! It sound like ya'll know a lot of great LSP! So anyone thinking about having a vocation to their order?

Edited by i<3LSOP

[quote name='Lisa' timestamp='1316460017' post='2307129']
I know some of the Indy sisters and aarrr met the St. Louis ones over Labor Day! What an amazin' group!

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bw-STm3VEGA&feature=player_embedded#[/media]!
[/quote]

I had seen this before, but I loved watching it again! :)

[quote name='Mary's Margaret' timestamp='1316468529' post='2307197']
Absolutely beautiful. Thank-you matey, Lisa, for postin' that video. It's given me a boost for me own work. I pray their community is receivin' vocations to carry on their good works.
[/quote]

My friends older sister is entering really soon! Please pray for her! :)

[quote name='LadyOfSorrows' timestamp='1316529919' post='2307589']
I know all of the sisters in DC! I spent a summer there volunteering and it was one of the most wonderful experiences of my life. Sr. Camille Rose is just delightful...as well as Sr. Bernadette, Sr. Janet...I also know a novice in NY. :) Wonderful order!
[/quote]

Aww! You were lucky! Did you get to go begging with them? :)

Edited by i<3LSOP