An Old School Catholic Message Board

I Had To... So Exciting!

Lisa

[quote name='MaterMisericordiae' timestamp='1315411501' post='2301599']

Oh, that'd be nice if they went out to Los Angeles or the surrounding area! They are always in need of more religious. Of course, they will probably go somewhere else since there is already a Dominican monastery in Los Angeles.
[/quote]

The plan, as far as I know in my general ignorance, is that it will be in the Sacramento area.

[quote name='krissylou' timestamp='1315412543' post='2301605']
It seems to me that after doing formation in Michigan winters they have generally Had It We Are Not Kidding!!! and go off on missions to the South (or California).

:cold:

[/quote] wouldn't you? :ninja:

[quote name='DarleneSteinemann' timestamp='1315413848' post='2301620']
Thank you Lisa for the blog site. Is there a site that shows pictures of the 18 new novices with their names identifying them?
[/quote]

Not as far as I know!

Edited by Lisa

[url="http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/index.php?app=forums&module=forums&section=findpost&pid=2301605"][img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_images/phatmass/snapback.png[/img][/url]krissylou, on 07 September 2011 - 12:22 PM, said:

[b]It seems to me that after doing formation in Michigan winters they have generally Had It We Are Not Kidding!!! and go off on missions to the South (or California).[/b]

:cold:

[i]wouldn't you?[/i] :ninja:

Summers in Michigan, winters in Texas.

These Dominicans are not dumb!

Edited by krissylou

This is my first post. I have been lurking for sometime but was encouraged to join this group by someone I met on PM who just entered religious life. I have been looking at the DSMME website for several months now and am interested in this community. I saw a few months back that they were going to open a house of studies in DC but now that seems to be gone. Have their plans changed?

:bananahi: Welcome to PM VS! Maybe other posters who have contact with and interest in DSMME would know. Or, what about contacting them directly and asking?

[quote name='Emma' timestamp='1315489336' post='2302106']
This is my first post. I have been lurking for sometime but was encouraged to join this group by someone I met on PM who just entered religious life. I have been looking at the DSMME website for several months now and am interested in this community. I saw a few months back that they were going to open a house of studies in DC but now that seems to be gone. Have their plans changed?
[/quote]

Like Aya recommended, it's totally worth contacting them in person- they are very open and honest about things, so they will be able to give you information. A summary: for reasons that it would be too expensive to renovate, they didn't continue with the purchase. This was on their website for a while, but it's gone now. The Knights of Columbus recently said that they would be purchasing it.