An Old School Catholic Message Board

Carmelites In Terre Haute Welcome New Novice!

OnlySunshine

OnlySunshine

I was very happy and astonished to see that the Carmelites in Terre Haute welcomed a new novice on July 1st, 2011. Her former name was Kim Thoa. She was named Sr. Therese of Jesus Crucified and clothed in the Carmelite habit.

Also, the nuns have a new prioress! The prioress for several years has been known as Mother Anne. However, Mother Mary Clare is the Prioress and Sr. Anne is the Novice Mistress. It was beautiful to see pictures of the clothing ceremony on their website.

Instructions for viewing pictures:

http://www.heartsawake.org/

Click on "have flash content"

The website will open. When it does, there is a navigation bar on the bottom of the screen.

Click "monastery" and a little menu will pop up.

From there, click "What's New" and it will show the slideshow of Sr. Therese's clothing.

I wish I could provide a direct link, but there is not a way to do that since the website is Flash enabled.

MargaretTeresa

Awwww! I (sort of) know Mother Mary Clare! Seeing as she used to be the Novice Mistress, and my contact up there! She's a dear, but was a bit tough to understand via phone. She has a very gentle voice and still lots of her British accent. :)

OnlySunshine

Just out of curiosity, does anyone know if they allow candidates who require lifelong medication? I have been intrigued by this Carmel for a long time and sent the Mistress of Vocations a short email asking for more information about their monastery. I've emailed Sr. Mary Helen in the past, but she became so busy that I stopped hearing from her.

It's weird. All of a sudden, the attraction to the Carmelites came back. :blink:

MargaretTeresa

[quote name='MaterMisericordiae' timestamp='1314423689' post='2295742']
Just out of curiosity, does anyone know if they allow candidates who require lifelong medication? I have been intrigued by this Carmel for a long time and sent the Mistress of Vocations a short email asking for more information about their monastery. I've emailed Sr. Mary Helen in the past, but she became so busy that I stopped hearing from her.

It's weird. All of a sudden, the attraction to the Carmelites came back. :blink:
[/quote]

I have a phone number, if you'd like to contact more directly. :) I don't know whether or not they do.

One reason I'm kind of sad I'm not drawn to Carmel, and this one in particular: there is a sister who does iconography.

Let me know if you want the phone number!

OnlySunshine

[quote name='MargaretTeresa' timestamp='1314425721' post='2295746']

I have a phone number, if you'd like to contact more directly. :) I don't know whether or not they do.

One reason I'm kind of sad I'm not drawn to Carmel, and this one in particular: there is a sister who does iconography.

Let me know if you want the phone number!
[/quote]

Thanks for the offer. I believe their phone number is on their website. However, I think I'm going to see how email communication fairs. I really hate talking on the phone, especially to Vocation Directors -- I get so nervous! :blush:

faithcecelia

Lovely photos. I briefly looked at this Carmel before swallowing my pride and going back to NH. From the little you can see on a website I like the look of them.

That's wonderful news!

Ugh! I can't load this page on either firefox or ie - any ideas what could help this? Just keeps coming up loading problem or "ie cannot display webpage"

Edited by truthfinder

MargaretTeresa

[quote name='truthfinder' timestamp='1314499991' post='2296122']
That's wonderful news!

Ugh! I can't load this page on either firefox or ie - any ideas what could help this? Just keeps coming up loading problem or "ie cannot display webpage"
[/quote]

It sometimes will go down for a bit. And then it's like :wall: But it should load up in IE

This problem has actually been going on for a month - every time I try to load it, it doesn't work.

And sorry for the hijack

TF: Sorry it's not working for you- they do have a lovely site. Try using a different browser (internet explorer, or google chrome). Update them if you have an older version. Then check your flash player, and update that. These are all free, by the way!

dominicansoul

[quote name='MaterMisericordiae' timestamp='1314423689' post='2295742']
[/quote]

tell me about it! i've been fighting it for months now!!! :wall:

[quote name='truthfinder' timestamp='1314543581' post='2296293']
Lisa: Thanks but I've tried all that and it doesn't work :(
[/quote]

me neither...disappointing

[quote name='dominicansoul' timestamp='1314542727' post='2296289']

tell me about it! i've been fighting it for months now!!! :wall:
[/quote]

Quit fighting then!!!