An Old School Catholic Message Board

Canonization Process Of Bl. Elizabeth Of The Trinity

OnlySunshine

Clarification. Does this mean that a (potential) 2nd miracle is up for review?

Because when I hear that "the official canonization process has been opened" I would THINK that means that the cause for canonization has been received in Rome ("Servant of God" status).

Obviously that can't be what we're talking about, as she's already a 'Blessed.' So I figure the Carmelites think they have a 2nd miracle on their hands. But I just want to clarify ...

OnlySunshine

[quote name='krissylou' timestamp='1314200680' post='2294200']
Clarification. Does this mean that a (potential) 2nd miracle is up for review?

Because when I hear that "the official canonization process has been opened" I would THINK that means that the cause for canonization has been received in Rome ("Servant of God" status).

Obviously that can't be what we're talking about, as she's already a 'Blessed.' So I figure the Carmelites think they have a 2nd miracle on their hands. But I just want to clarify ...
[/quote]

They do have a second miracle. The article talks about a woman with Sjögren syndrome, which affects the major organ systems of the body. She prayed for the intercession of Bl. Elizabeth and was healed, miraculously, as she sat down on some pavement stones after leaving the Chapel. :)

FutureSister2009

There will NEVER be enough Carmelite Saints! I hope they do it and do it quickly! And then get back to work on Blessed Mother Teresa and JP II to get them canonized!

faithcecelia

Elizabeth of the Trinity was the first Carmelite saint I 'took to' and was my favourite for some time (before I grasped St Teresa more and began to adore her). i do hope the canonisation happend soon.

There are a lot of Carmelite saints. I wonder if that's because Carmel makes people holy or whether more holy people are attracted to Carmel. A bit of both I expect. I don't know very much about Elizabeth of the Trinity. In fact nothing. Have to remedy that!

she_who_is_not

Maybe there are more canonized Carmelites because they are hidden in the world. Canonization is the process of uncovering their holiness.