An Old School Catholic Message Board

Financing Opportunity

Brother Adam

I can for sure vouch for Hopeful and Teresa Benedicta. They have been an inspiration as they try to pay off their debt. StrictlyInkblot hasn't been on here long, but has shared about her discernment and debt :) I don't know LG, but I haven't been on here long, either.

OnlySunshine

Laudem Gloriae is an old member. I used to read her posts when I was registered under my old s/n. I can vouch for her. Last I heard, she was discerning with the Kirk Edge Carmel in the UK but wasn't able to enter because of her debt.

OnlySunshine

Here is Laudem Gloriae's old post about her discernment and acceptance to the Carmelites in Kirk Edge, Sheffield, UK.

http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/index.php?showtopic=96789

Brother Adam

Hey everyone, I wanted to mention that we are still working towards making this happen, it just takes some time. We are narrowing things down and setting it into place exactly how it will work.

Here is how things are shaping up:

1) If you want to be one of the 6 send an email to me at adam4jmj at gmail dot com.
2) Include all of the following:

-- Your name (first and last) and your phatmass screenname.
-- The order you are going to enter and the contact information for that order (including someone who can verify you are approved to enter except for your debt). Neither of these first two will ever be made public unless you want them to.
-- A picture of you or your order
-- 3-5 paragraphs (2-3 paragraphs with your abbreviated discernment story, 1 paragraph about the order you are going to enter, and any other information you want to include)
-- Your current debt and what kind of debt it is (20,000 school loan, 3,000 medical bills, whatever) that you want help paying off.

Finally, how contributors can help you settle the debt. If possible the money will not pass through your hands or my hands. The money is to go from the person paying the debt, to the debt company to guarantee to the person helping you that the money has gone to the correct purpose. You will need to decide exactly how you want this done - whether you want your loan account posted in public, or if you have another way to allow someone to pay your debts.

Once verified I will add you to the website and you will be included as a major portion of our relaunch which will go to Catholics throughout the nation.

I can vouch for Laudem Gloriae! She's been a friend of mine for several years and is 100% "for real" and entering except for financial needs keeping her back. Hope this opportunity helps her and others! Wonderful idea, BrotherAdam!

Okay, I'm gonna to vouch for HopefulBride too, even though I haven't known her as long. She's definitely "for real" and is doing a lot to raise funds to pay off her loans - [url="http://his-bride-to-be.blogspot.com/search/label/Entrance"]http://his-bride-to-.../label/Entrance[/url] And you can donate to help her through the Laboure Society :like:

I hope all goes well for you, and you're able to enter soon! Your sisters are so beautiful! :love:

Brother Adam

I've received two entries so far. Thank you for vouching. The Laboure Society is amazing and every one should definitely sign up for with them. This is just one more, much smaller, way to get exposure.