An Old School Catholic Message Board

Suggested Auto Icon

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

Pax,domine,sit semper,vobicum...
I suggest a change in the auto icon to a plain old cross. instead of a mock arch bishop or pope or whatever it is. As this seemingly is a sight that encourages ecumenical dialogue yes? i feel a plain old cross more tastefull in such a matter of endevour, please pray about this and examine ones concience on my suggestion.

God bless you all.
St Mary Mackillop " Be eager in your desires but patient in there accomplishment. "

I like these.

[img]http://ytgeneric.soulrequiem.com/front/GenericM.gif[/img]

[img]http://ytgeneric.soulrequiem.com/front/GenericF.gif[/img]

Edited by Papist

ThePenciledOne

[quote name='USAirwaysIHS' timestamp='1313763171' post='2291278']
[img]http://www.reviewcar.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/Toyota1.jpg[/img]
[/quote]

Toyota ftw.

Vincent Vega

[quote name='ThePenciledOne' timestamp='1313786500' post='2291486']

Toyota ftw.
[/quote]
We're Toyota folks. My grandparents drive Lexus vehicles exclusively. I have one of their hand-me-downs - it's a 97 ES300, and it still runs great, some 15 years and 150000+ miles later.

[quote name='USAirwaysIHS' timestamp='1313790093' post='2291521']
We're Toyota folks. My grandparents drive Lexus vehicles exclusively. I have one of their hand-me-downs - it's a 97 ES300, and it still runs great, some 15 years and 150000+ miles later.
[/quote]
My mom just bought herself a 2005 Ford Focus for me to drive (basically: it's mine, but it's officially hers).
[quote name='Tab'le Du'Bah-Rye' timestamp='1313754290' post='2291221']
I suggest a change in the auto icon to a plain old cross. instead of a mock arch bishop or pope or whatever it is. As this seemingly is a sight that encourages ecumenical dialogue yes? i feel a plain old cross more tastefull in such a matter of endevour, please pray about this and examine ones concience on my suggestion.

God bless you all.
St Mary Mackillop " Be eager in your desires but patient in there accomplishment. "
[/quote]
No matter what, not everyone will ever be happy with the automatic avatar. I think that's why we can change it immediately.

Vincent Vega

Ohhh[quote name='Byzantine' timestamp='1313793945' post='2291573']
No matter what, not everyone will ever be happy with the automatic avatar. I think that's why we can change it immediately.
[/quote]
Ohhhh that's what he's talking about.

Um, I mean...it's a Catholic website. I don't see why we should whitewash it or obscure that fact in anyway in the name of "ecumenism". (NB: That would be an example of bad/false ecumenism.)

[quote name='USAirwaysIHS' timestamp='1313794741' post='2291582']
Ohhh
Ohhhh that's what he's talking about.

Um, I mean...it's a Catholic website. I don't see why we should whitewash it or obscure that fact in anyway in the name of "ecumenism". (NB: That would be an example of bad/false ecumenism.)
[/Quote]
Let's add an option to have the bishop dressed in klobuk and mantija (Byzantine choir dress) :) .

Edited by Byzantine

[quote name='Tab'le Du'Bah-Rye' timestamp='1313754290' post='2291221']
[/quote]
I suggest in the name of Ecumenical Dialogue (which in these Enlightened times, is ever so much more important than evangelization) that we forgo using a Cross or any specifically Christian symbol whatsoever.

After all, we must be sensitive to the desires of all those on Phatmass who do not share the Christian Faith at all. Many Jews, Muslims, atheists, homosexuals, Canadians, and other sensitive persons are highly offended by the Cross as a symbol of Christian oppression. And nowadays, we know Christian Charity demands that we not offend or upset anybody at all, just like Jesus . . . oh well, nevermind . . .

Not only that, but many Liberal Christians prefer not to focus on the image of the Cross, as it is focused on the suffering and death of Christ (which probably never happened, but was an anti-Semitic story made up by the early Church, or perhaps Mel Gibson), and prefer more positive, happy images, such as Jumping Jesuses or My Little Ponies.

I suggest, in the name of true inter-religious dialogue and inoffensiveness, that the image be simply a big, fuzzy, amorphous blob - in better fitting with the spirit of modern non-dogmatism and inter-religious warm-fuzziness. That would be much more tasteful for more modern tastes, so please examine your conscience, say ten Our Fathers, and a non-denominational prayer to the deity or higher power of you choosing on my suggestion.

Edited by Socrates