An Old School Catholic Message Board

Should Texas Seceed

Don John of Austria

33 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I think it would cause more suffering than it would alleviate.

I wonder that states could not exploit tax deductions for state income tax in order to reduce the Federal government's intake of funds. Much as I hate playing the game they initiated, it's sometimes necessary as a stopgap measure.

[quote name='eustace scrubb' timestamp='1313613978' post='2290062']
Good luck. Them thar lib'rul states' federal taxes pay for a lot of your infrastructure.
[/quote]
A lot of that Federal tax comes from us in the first place.

Also, bi[acronym=''][/acronym]te me.

Edited by Winchester

eustace scrubb

The "lib'rul" comment was a joke. Chill out. Anyhow, I don't know what you mean by saying that a lot of those federal taxes come from you guys in the first place. Are you talking about things like the money generated from oil production?

Don John of Austria

[quote name='jaime (the artist formerly known as hot stuff) (the artist formerly known as hot stuff)' timestamp='1313612528' post='2290043']

tsdr
[/quote]

[mod]personal attack[/mod] I am very sorry Jamie.

Edited by Lil Red
personal attack

[quote name='eustace scrubb' timestamp='1313619218' post='2290115']
The "lib'rul" comment was a joke. Chill out. Anyhow, I don't know what you mean by saying that a lot of those federal taxes come from you guys in the first place. Are you talking about things like the money generated from oil production?
[/quote]
Your face can chill out.

I'm talking about the money from Texans and trade in Texas that goes straight to the Federal government in taxes. In addition, Texas supplies many of the people who kill for the political class. I send a few thousand to the federal government every year from my paycheck.

[quote name='Don John of Austria' timestamp='1313619264' post='2290116']

[/quote]
*You're

And it's small. jaime (the artist formerly known as hot stuff) (the artist formerly known as hot stuff) is old and needs larger print.

Edited by Lil Red

[quote name='eustace scrubb' timestamp='1313619218' post='2290115']
[/quote]
[img]http://rlv.zcache.com/shut_up_you_filthy_yankee_tshirt-p235406394071312318trdy_125.jpg[/img]

Don John of Austria

[quote name='eustace scrubb' timestamp='1313613978' post='2290062']
Good luck. Them thar lib'rul states' federal taxes pay for a lot of your infrastructure.
[/quote]

No they don't , we are a donor state, more money leaves than we get back.

[quote name='Don John of Austria' timestamp='1313619264' post='2290116']

[/quote]

[img]http://www.sonofthesouth.net/uncle-sam/images/stop-whining.jpg[/img]

Edited by Lil Red

Don John of Austria

[quote name='Winchester' timestamp='1313619432' post='2290120']

*You're

And it's small. jaime (the artist formerly known as hot stuff) (the artist formerly known as hot stuff) is old and needs larger print.
[/quote]

You're right, but he I wasn't sure he could handle variations of the homonym.

[quote name='Hasan' timestamp='1313619839' post='2290126']

[img]http://www.sonofthesouth.net/uncle-sam/images/stop-whining.jpg[/img]
[/quote]

I don't remember whining. He said it, I was just giving my condolances.

[quote name='Don John of Austria' timestamp='1313619918' post='2290127']

You're right, but he I wasn't sure he could handle variations of the homonym.
[/quote]

Nah. You just made an arse of yourself by insulting jaime (the artist formerly known as hot stuff)'s intelligence while making a very basic grammatical error.

Which is funny. Very, very funny.

Don John of Austria

[quote name='Hasan' timestamp='1313620023' post='2290128']

Nah. You just made an arse of yourself by insulting jaime (the artist formerly known as hot stuff) (the artist formerly known as hot stuff)'s intelligence while making a very basic grammatical error.

Which is funny. Very, very funny.
[/quote]

Not really, as winny can vouch, as much as it annoys him, I often make " errors" of that nature specifically for that kind of point. Of course I also tend to flip homonyms when I am in a rush, or annoyed. It is a flaw I readily admit too, like my in ability to see dipthongs and digraphs in type face, though that is nerological rather than careless as the other error is.

However, the use of proper grammer is no indication of intelligence, even if it were, that is a spelling error not a grammatical one.

[quote name='Don John of Austria' timestamp='1313620980' post='2290137']

Not really, as winny can vouch, as much as it annoys him, I often make " errors" of that nature specifically for that kind of point. Of course I also tend to flip homonyms when I am in a rush, or annoyed. It is a flaw I readily admit too, like my in ability to see dipthongs and digraphs in type face, though that is nerological rather than careless as the other error is. [/quote]
I can vouch you're sharp, but hasan is right that it's funny.
[quote]
However, the use of proper grammer is no indication of intelligence, even if it were, that is a spelling error not a grammatical one.
[/quote]
*grammar

And it is not an [i]sure [/i]indicator of intelligence, or lack thereof. Unfortunately, your claim that it's a spelling error cannot be verified, although I will vouch that I am certain it is and that you do not lie about such things. I believe you.

[quote name='Winchester' timestamp='1313618514' post='2290104']
A lot of that Federal tax comes from us in the first place.

Also, bi[acronym=''][/acronym]te me.
[/quote]

It comes right back too!

47% of government jobs added between 2007 and 2010 were added in Texas.

[quote name='Adrestia' timestamp='1313622149' post='2290155']

It comes right back too!

47% of government jobs added between 2007 and 2010 were added in Texas.
[/quote]
No one said they didn't. Of course, is it really efficient, this process?

What sort of jobs were they?