An Old School Catholic Message Board

Should Texas Seceed

Don John of Austria

33 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Maximilianus

If Texas secedes I think they should change it's name to Middle Earth and all the major cities accordingly to match the rest of the map.

Don John of Austria

[quote name='Hasan' timestamp='1313553840' post='2289675']
How about you just go and Texas stays?
[/quote]

Oh Hasan -- You cut me to the Quick.

But personal attacks arenot what this poll is about, I am sure you can find many places to attack me that are more appropriate.

Edited by Don John of Austria

[quote name='Don John of Austria' timestamp='1313556402' post='2289711']

I am sure you can find many places to attack me that are more appropriate.
[/quote]

Hasan, I find swift attacks to the joints, groin and beerbelly are appropriately effective.

[quote name='Don John of Austria' timestamp='1313556402' post='2289711']

Oh Hasan -- You cut me to the Quick.

But personal attacks arenot what this poll is about, I am sure you can find many places to attack me that are more appropriate.
[/quote]

I don't see a personal attack. America is a free country. If you want to go then just go. Nobody is stopping you. Why should you try to get a state to betray the union because you're unsatisfied?

rizz_loves_jesus

[quote name='Maximilianus' timestamp='1313554648' post='2289687']
If Texas secedes I think they should change it's name to Middle Earth and all the major cities accordingly to match the rest of the map.
[/quote]

You are seriously the coolest person on this site.

Don John of Austria

[quote name='Hasan' timestamp='1313558679' post='2289737']

I don't see a personal attack. America is a free country. If you want to go then just go. Nobody is stopping you. Why should you try to get a state to betray the union because you're unsatisfied?
[/quote]

[color=#222222][font=Arial][size=2]Texas is a sovereign State, I asked what people thought about secession, since I place absolutely no value whatsoever on the union, in and of itself, betraying it means nothing to me. The Union is a voluntary association of sovereign States, I respect anyone of their rights to leave or stay as they see fit. [/size][/font][/color]

[color=#222222][font=Arial][size=2][font="Times New Roman"][size="3"] [/size][/font][/size][/font][/color]

[color=#222222][font=Arial][size=2]I love the old, if you don’t love the US as it is then move argument, sounds like something the British might of argued before the Revolution. I love Texas, I have no desire to leave it, but I do not love how Texas has been treated, I do not love being told how to live by people who live a thousand miles away. I have no desire how to tell the people of New York how to live, if they want to disarm themselves to feel safe then as far as I am concerned they may, if Colorado wants to legalize pot, or Oregon wants to make meth labs a cottage industry that is those states business, as long as Americans can move freely among the States then there is no reason why any of those things should be a problem, but don’t tell me that here in Texas we have to be disarmed, that we have to pay for illegal immigrants education, that we have to accept pot, or gay marriage or anything else that is not explicitly defined in the Constitution as a Federal Power. Once you do then you invite secession, because Texas is not a department of a nation, it is a State which has shed some of its sovereign rights to live in harmony with its neighbors, if the rights it has not shed are taken, then it has every right to leave.[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#222222][font=Arial][size=2][font="Times New Roman"][size="3"] [/size][/font][/size][/font][/color][color=#222222][font=Arial][size=2]Abused people have every tight to demand to be treated fairly or to leave to prevent their continued abuse, States also have such a right. We entered into a contract, the other party has violated his end of that contract for decades, if he will not abide by it, then we have every right to break the contract.[/size][/font][/color]

[quote name='Don John of Austria' timestamp='1313562003' post='2289768']

[color=#222222][font=Arial][size=2]Texas is a sovereign State, I asked what people thought about secession, since I place absolutely no value whatsoever on the union, in and of itself, betraying it means nothing to me. The Union is a voluntary association of sovereign States, I respect anyone of their rights to leave or stay as they see fit. [/size][/font][/color]

[color=#222222][font=Arial][size=2]I love the old, if you don’t love the US as it is then move argument, sounds like something the British might of argued before the Revolution. I love Texas, I have no desire to leave it, but I do not love how Texas has been treated, I do not love being told how to live by people who live a thousand miles away. I have no desire how to tell the people of New York how to live, if they want to disarm themselves to feel safe then as far as I am concerned they may, if Colorado wants to legalize pot, or Oregon wants to make meth labs a cottage industry that is those states business, as long as Americans can move freely among the States then there is no reason why any of those things should be a problem, but don’t tell me that here in Texas we have to be disarmed, that we have to pay for illegal immigrants education, that we have to accept pot, or gay marriage or anything else that is not explicitly defined in the Constitution as a Federal Power. Once you do then you invite secession, because Texas is not a department of a nation, it is a State which has shed some of its sovereign rights to live in harmony with its neighbors, if the rights it has not shed are taken, then it has every right to leave.[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#222222][font=Arial][size=2]Abused people have every tight to demand to be treated fairly or to leave to prevent their continued abuse, States also have such a right. We entered into a contract, the other party has violated his end of that contract for decades, if he will not abide by it, then we have every right to break the contract.[/size][/font][/color]
[/quote]

tsdr