An Old School Catholic Message Board

How Did God Show You That You Have A Vocation To Be A Sister?

i<3LSOP

FutureSister2009

Just under a few years ago, I never ever gave the thought of being a Sister a second thought. When my Sisters arrived at my Parish, I didn't want anything to do with them. But as I got to know them, I could see the joy they have compared to the Filippini Sisters I grew up with. I could see just how happy they were. I started opening up to it more. I told the story before about when I was on Retreat with them and I found myself overwhelmed with tears because I could feel something in my heart I had never felt before. I felt that maybe God did want me to do this and I hadn't really listened before until then. It was a real feeling that I can't describe. But I said okay God. I don't know why You want this but if You are sure You do, then I want it too.

I hope you all find peace in Jesus... even when it gets [i]really[/i] difficult! It's difficult, [i]ohhh... I know[/i] ;)

Edited by i<3LSOP

[quote name='MaterMisericordiae' timestamp='1316143950' post='2305290']
I had a very serious conversation with Jesus and His Mother and the next day, my friend donated the money for me to pay for my plane ticket! I never realized that the Lord could work so fast when He really wants something! If you trust in Him, all things will come to pass. :)
[/quote]

Woa!! You're visiting the RSM?! A w esome! Congrats! Tell us all about your trip! :)

I think I've always felt drawn to a quiet, prayerful life. I wasn't always Catholic, and so I didn't think about becoming a Sister. It was mainly after I became Catholic as an adult, and began seeing Saint Sisters on EWTN that I began to think and pray about it. The desire has not left to this day to discern the religious life. God-willing, I will become a Sister in some years.

[quote name='JoyfulLife' timestamp='1316217046' post='2305619']

Woa!! You're visiting the RSM?! A w esome! Congrats! Tell us all about your trip! :)
[/quote]

Well, I'm planning on it! I have the money and I've researched plane tickets, but I still need to hear from the VD to make the arrangements. LOL! I will certainly let everyone know how it goes. I plan to go in November this year. :)

I just ordered tickets for a vacation/retreat (not vocational), and I learned that southwest is always cheapest, with 2 free check-in bags.

A friend said that people need to order tickets at least 6 weeks in advance or earlier, or the ticket prices really go up.

Edited by JoyfulLife

[quote name='JoyfulLife' timestamp='1316218988' post='2305639']
I just ordered tickets for a vacation/retreat (not vocational), and I learned that southwest is always cheapest, with 2 free check-in bags.

A friend said that people need to order tickets at least 6 weeks in advance or earlier, or the ticket prices really go up.
[/quote]

Unfortunately, the airports in the area around Alma, MI don't provide service to Southwest Airlines. I am planning to go with AirTran and have Delta as a backup. I like AirTran because I've always flown with them, no problem. I also earn credits for free flights (8 flights = 1 one-way ticket). I hope to come in at Flint, MI's airport. But I still have to confirm this with the VD. :)

[quote name='MaterMisericordiae' timestamp='1316143950' post='2305290']
I think I can add my recent experience with the Religious Sisters of Mercy to the reason why I think God is calling me to be a religious. I got in contact with the RSMs fairly quickly (1 week after my initial email, this time around). Sister asked me to talk to my pastor about getting financial assistance with transportation so I could make a retreat. I had a very serious conversation with Jesus and His Mother and the next day, my friend donated the money for me to pay for my plane ticket! I never realized that the Lord could work so fast when He really wants something! If you trust in Him, all things will come to pass. :)
[/quote]

That's soooooooo great.... I'm so happy for you! I'll be praying for you!!!! :)